Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

Okay, but do you agree that the data shows that more guns does not equal higher homicides rates?

The latest data I could find on gun ownership per capita was 2007. The chart gives a sampling of countries compared to the U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_...ita_by_country

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

Here is a comparison of the countries with the highest homicides and their per capita gun ownership along with the same numbers for the USA.

Country Per Capita Homicides Per Capita Gun Ownership
    Honduras 91.6 6.2
    El Salvador 69.2 5.8
    Cote d'Ivoire 56.9 2.4
    Jamaica 52.2 8.1
    Venezuela 45.1 10.7
    Belize 41.1 10.0
    Guatemala 38.5 13.1
    Lesotho 35.2 2.7
    Trindad and Tobago 35.2 1.6
    South Africa 31.8 12.7
    USA 4.8 88.8

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yeah I can agree on that. However we're talking gun violence here, not all homicide, so it kind of makes no difference.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thefiorecollection's Items on eBay

bummer that I was ignored. Country fully armed vs country unarmed, but anywho. If we are going to talk gun violence, how much of gun violence in America is gang related? Gangs can still obtain weapons and will with or without gun laws. the only people gun laws will affect are the honest citizens. Why unarm them against armed criminals?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

bummer that I was ignored. Country fully armed vs country unarmed, but anywho. If we are going to talk gun violence, how much of gun violence in America is gang related? Gangs can still obtain weapons and will with or without gun laws. the only people gun laws will affect are the honest citizens. Why unarm them against armed criminals?

That's the exact point I was trying to make but it keeps falling on deaf ears.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The only people ANY laws affect are honest citizens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

So instead of making laws that only hurt law abiding citizens why not have stiffer punishment for those who break the laws we currently have?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

Yeah I can agree on that. However we're talking gun violence here, not all homicide, so it kind of makes no difference.

Of course it does. The data shows that it is the person that causes the homicide, not the gun. The countries that take away or severely restrict access to guns still have much higher homicide rates because it is the people that are homicidal!

This data is clear proof that the proposed Federal Assault Weapons ban and the gun/ammo confiscation that is going on in NY will do nothing to decrease homicide rates.

As you stated earlier, you agree that more guns does not equal more homicides. Therefore, you must also believe that fewer guns will not mean fewer homicides, correct?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

The only people ANY laws affect are honest citizens.

Exactly, which is why we must be vigilant and not easily give up our freedoms and liberties in exchange for our supposed "safety".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast