Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Angry I cant believe some people already

    Greetings:
    I cant believe some people already wondering about the prices of the 2013 Topps. Listen and listen good the product just came out last week be paient yeash!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate when people expect to get prices that quick. Do like I do wait paiently for the new price guide to come out if ya cant wait that long then why are ya ruining my hobby then when all you want is to get $$$$$. Some of us collect for the fun and excitement of the game not to see how much we can get for the rarest 1/1 of Mother Jabubu orange berry colored refractor that was signed while standing at a urinal in the JFK Airport on a cold day in December of 2012 just prior to signing a multi-contract television deal for the show 'I RUINED THE SPORTSCARD HOBBY' I am sorry for this rant of a post but I can wait for prices on things if I cant then I just look on ebay and see what is available if I cant find anything then I no resort to wait. You have to realize also that prices of new stuff takes time to also be looked at first before. Case in point last month I check to see the prices of some 2008 UD Documentary Autographs I need still only to find that some of the name big names mind you(Griffey Jr,Jeter,Nick Swisher) gone do the card exsist no one really knows unless they pulled them and are selling them or have photo proof they exsist what names that did show were the ones I know exsist cause I already have them within my set. So anyways if ya cant wait for prices Get the ^&*(^*(&^*(&^T^R$(&^& out of the hobby!!!!! I like to hear what others have to say about people asking on prices of new stuff before even is a month old. I could go on but I am trying to maintain my temper from exploding more.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

    S.R.'75

    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    I feel the same way. I am more excited that I almost completed a whole set of 2013 Series 1 out of one hobby box than the value of any of the cards. I can't imagine the frustration these people who collect to make money have since most of the time it is a crap shoot.

    The thing I am antsy for is a complete checklist of the cards to see what I have left to complete the set.

    I wouldn't stress as much about it though dude! Just do what you do. I think that waiting patiently for the values is part of the fun as well. I guess I grew up in a time where the value of the cards were more than just monetary...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

  3. #3
    People want prices because they want to sell high now before the cards crash.I agree with patience but we are the minority when it comes to that.It is all about a hot card and how much ine can get for it.
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

  4. #4
    I don't usually ever sell anything so I'm pretty patient,but it is nice to put a price next to a card.The only thing I'm impatient on is when are they going to activate the code cards.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

    Let us Pray.Hidden Content

  5. #5
    Prices are already out, go to ebay, you'll see plenty of prices. Beckett prices are phony and inflated to benefit dealers.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by xpucksx View Post
    I feel the same way. I am more excited that I almost completed a whole set of 2013 Series 1 out of one hobby box than the value of any of the cards. I can't imagine the frustration these people who collect to make money have since most of the time it is a crap shoot.

    The thing I am antsy for is a complete checklist of the cards to see what I have left to complete the set.

    I wouldn't stress as much about it though dude! Just do what you do. I think that waiting patiently for the values is part of the fun as well. I guess I grew up in a time where the value of the cards were more than just monetary...
    Baseballcardpedia.com will give you a complete list.
    Changing paths, no more set collecting. Just PC'ing Orioles Auto's and Patches.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by gps29070 View Post
    Prices are already out, go to ebay, you'll see plenty of prices. Beckett prices are phony and inflated to benefit dealers.
    Just about the post the same thing.

    Cheers!

  8. #8


    Clemson2012's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,739
    Country
    Card Cash
    6,594.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I don't care much for the monetary value of the cards as I collect cards as a hobby and to enjoy it. I could really care less what Beckett says as I rarely sell cards unless I can't seem to trade them i let them go cheap just so I can get something for my PC. I don't like dealing with ones that just get cards to try and turn profit on them and hate it when they have a low numbered card or Jsy I need. When it comes to trading for me I'm fairly easy to deal with when I trade bc I want everyone to enjoy it. I have sent Free cards that others showed interest in but didn't think they had enough to trade for it I would throw the cards in and surprise them. But for me I was brought up and told its better to give than recieve. Just my 2 cents
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemson2012 View Post
    I don't care much for the monetary value of the cards as I collect cards as a hobby and to enjoy it. I could really care less what Beckett says as I rarely sell cards unless I can't seem to trade them i let them go cheap just so I can get something for my PC. I don't like dealing with ones that just get cards to try and turn profit on them and hate it when they have a low numbered card or Jsy I need. When it comes to trading for me I'm fairly easy to deal with when I trade bc I want everyone to enjoy it. I have sent Free cards that others showed interest in but didn't think they had enough to trade for it I would throw the cards in and surprise them. But for me I was brought up and told its better to give than recieve. Just my 2 cents
    i really appreciate people like you. whenever i receive freebies in a trade of people i collect even if it is a base card that i don't have i get excited. sometimes it's the little things that make a true collector happy.
    Baseball - SF Giants, Texas Rangers, Yoenis Cespedes, Roberto Clemente
    Basketball - GS Warriors, Michael Jordan, Monta Ellis
    Football - SF 49ers, Dan Marino, "Super Collecting" ERIC REID
    Hidden Content

  10. #10
    All great posts in this thread. I PC a few prospects each year, and I hold on to them. If they start to get some interest, I'll put it out there and try to make a couple bucks back. Sometimes I hit a good one; most times I don't. But I'm with everybody else - I collect simply to collect.
    Collecting 1974 Topps (84% complete) and 1957-2013 Topps Phillies cards (50.2% complete).
    PC's: Chase Utley, Mark Trumbo, & David Price.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content
    My Haves/Wants Lists (still a work in progress): Hidden Content
    As of 3/16/13, no PWE's please. I use DC; so should you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •