Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Happy birthday Trayvon, you pot smoking, expelled student non-child

this.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Because it wasn't qualified as an opinion, yes I know. That's the problem. Pretend everyone is talking in opinion and thought rather than treating a message board like a text book you can argue with.
    There are far too many posts that say noting more than "Oh yeah? Well that's your opinion not a fact." It's pretty obvious that, without anything to back it up, it's opinion. It's kind of a stupid argument and, quite frankly, I'm sick of everyone being expected to qualify each statement with that's my opinion.

That's my opinion (in case you're still stuck trying to understand the concept)

You sure are getting nit picky here...
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You sure are getting nit picky here...

Actually, I'm talking about your not picking.
    You see, pointing out that something posted here with no sourcing is "your opinion" is as useful as pointing out that it was typed not written.

I'll never understand why we're all supposed to qualify the rule (our opinions) instead of the exception (fact).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Happy birthday Trayvon, you pot smoking, expelled student non-child

you forgot dead and possibly murdered

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

You see, pointing out that something posted here with no sourcing is "your opinion" is as useful as pointing out that it was typed not written.

I'll never understand why we're all supposed to qualify the rule (our opinions) instead of the exception (fact).

It sounds as if he's treating the scenario he gives as fact. I'm talking about 1 isolated topic, and I didn't even get a response from it. I'm simply curious, as the difference between fact and opinion would explain his thought process in the way I'm taking it in (and over the internet, that can obviously be difficult) a lot.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

It sounds as if he's treating the scenario he gives as fact. I'm talking about 1 isolated topic, and I didn't even get a response from it. I'm simply curious, as the difference between fact and opinion would explain his thought process in the way I'm taking it in (and over the internet, that can obviously be difficult) a lot.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Some of ya'll are real quick to speak ill of a deceased child who can no longer speak for himself. What if it were your child, would you want someone to speak ill of him or her? What if it were you?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yes it does. In fact, most statements of opinion look like fact.
    In fact, the only way to make an opinion not look like a fact is to qualify it as an opinion. Being that there are infinitely more opinions than facts, qualifying facts instead of opinions would save a lot of time and stop stupid "that's your opinion!" fights.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Some of ya'll are real quick to speak ill of a deceased child who can no longer speak for himself. What if it were your child, would you want someone to speak ill of him or her? What if it were you?

Yeah, I agree some very ignorant statements have been made about him in this thread.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

simply if it was my child they would not have been involved in many of the things that brought forth all of the trouble in Trayvon's life that contributed to his untimely death. If my kid HAD done all of the things that Trayvon was up to and it resulted in his death and people were talking crap it STILL is because of the fault of his poor decisions in life or my bad parenting

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast