Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    You guys have this all screwed up. Zimmerman did not settle a civil case. The homeowners association where he was part of the community watch group settled. Martin's family sued someone that had nothing to do with the shooting. But of course, it's not about money at all is it?
    Duane we all know reading comprehension isn't their strong suit.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

2. Wata Photo
    You guys have this all screwed up. Zimmerman did not settle a civil case. The homeowners association where he was part of the community watch group settled. Martin's family sued someone that had nothing to do with the shooting. But of course, it's not about money at all is it?
    Thanks for the clarification, I was kinda confused by all of it.

I'm sure some think money = justice (somehow), though. Guess his family just wanted some money out of it.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Hmm so the family will now sue everyone to get money.
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Fair enough I read it wrong.
    That said, I guess OJ was really innocent and Nicole's parents are just money grubbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Fair enough I read it wrong.
    That said, I guess OJ was really innocent and Nicole's parents are just money grubbers?
    Nicole's parents didn't sue the restaurant where Nicole left her sunglasses, the maker of the gloves that OJ wore or the construction company that made the sidewalk where they were killed. They sued OJ. Big difference.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Nicole's parents didn't sue the restaurant where Nicole left her sunglasses, the maker of the gloves that OJ wore or the construction company that made the sidewalk where they were killed. They sued OJ. Big difference.
    Wasn't he on duty as the community watchman or whatever? That would make whatever entity he working for, volunteer or not, liable for what he does on duty. I would assume he was working for, and therefore on behalf of, the homeowners association. As such, they become liable.

Basically what I'm saying is, I didn't realize OJ had so many jobs.

Community watch isn't a scheduled duty or a job. It is a community volunteer group. Unless they do it differently from what I have experienced, it is simply community members who watch out for each other and help keep tabs on each other's property, when someone is on vacation, etc. If I remember correctly, Zimmerman made the initial call to 9-1-1 from his home, but I could be wrong on that.

Either way, he is responsible for his own actions. Going after the homeowners association of the community that he lived in is a money grab.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Community watch isn't a scheduled duty or a job. It is a community volunteer group. Unless they do it differently from what I have experienced, it is simply community members who watch out for each other and help keep tabs on each other's property, when someone is on vacation, etc. If I remember correctly, Zimmerman made the initial call to 9-1-1 from his home, but I could be wrong on that.

Either way, he is responsible for his own actions. Going after the homeowners association of the community that he lived in is a money grab.
    Not if it's a homeowners association position. Wasn't it a gated community? That makes me think the association sanctioned his position as community watchman.
    What you're describing is a community watch. There are no real positions in a community watch, so to describe him as the papers have makes no sense.
    If it's an association sanctioned position, volunteer or otherwise, and he was on duty acting on their behalf, they are liable. If they aren't, then it's going to get thrown out pretty quick. Frankly, I doubt they could find a lawyer if he wasn't working on their behalf.

He wasn't an employee of the homeowners association. In the article by HuffPost it says he was a volunteer neighborhood watchman. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3022300.html

Also I found info that says Zimmerman was in his vehicle on a personal errand when he first saw Martin so he wasn't even "on duty" for the neighborhood watch (if they had a duty list).
    on the night of February 26th, he was going to Target to shop for groceries, when he spotted the teen, who he said “looked suspicious.”
    http://thegrio.com/2012/07/18/zimmer...rayvon-martin/

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    He wasn't an employee of the homeowners association. In the article by HuffPost it says he was a volunteer neighborhood watchman. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3022300.html

Also I found info that says Zimmerman was in his vehicle on a personal errand when he first saw Martin so he wasn't even "on duty" for the neighborhood watch (if they had a duty list).

http://thegrio.com/2012/07/18/zimmer...rayvon-martin/
    Volunteer means nothing.
    The fact he wasn't on duty does.
    We're talking about a homeowner association for a gated community. You don't think they oversee the community watch? They just randomly allow some resident to call himself the community watchman?
    That doesn't add up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456