Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So you think we should be arresting all the people breaking Federal Law in states that allow marijuana use? And you think we should be deporting all the illegal immigrants that are currently being allowed to stay in the U.S. if they are not considered a dangerous criminal?

If that's the law as it's written, then that's the job of the police. It's pretty simple and there's no need to hop from issue to issue trying to find one to tug on my heartstrings. It's pathetic.
    If he is so against doing his job, he always has the option to quit.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

Most liberals support Obama's immigration stance so I'm surprised you believe he should be deporting all illegal immigrants regardless of their circumstances. Is that really true?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Most liberals support Obama's immigration stance so I'm surprised you believe he should be deporting all illegal immigrants regardless of their circumstances. Is that really true?

Sherriffs have the power to deport people? I thought that was up to the immigration department.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Like I said, you won't distract me with "but what about"s. That's grade school garbage.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

The point is that the Federal Government picks and chooses which laws to enforce. If you're a banker, no problem, we'll look the other way. If you are an illegal immigrant, we'll only deport you if you meet certain criteria. States legalalize marijuana? No problem, we won't intercede.

Why does the Federal Government get away with only enforcing some laws while a Sheriff in Ohio gets castigated for suggesting he would do the same thing for a law that violates the ultimate law of our land, the Constitution, and also violates Ohio law?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Because they're the government. They're just as guilty as he is but when you're the ones making the rules etc etc.
    But you're right. No one criticizes the government. Ever.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

proud to be from ohio.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

so if the state legalizes marijuana, should he still uphold federal law or just state law, he couldn't do both?

but yes, he is an idiot, do your job the best you can, no sense in dragging Obama into it.

CHURCH!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

The Constitution is the ultimate law of the land and Ohio state law upholds its citizens' right to bear arms. The sheriff wrote:

Any edict, regulation, or so-called 'federal law' which infringes on the right of the citizens of Hancock County, Ohio to keep and bear arms for their security will not be tolerated, recognized or enforced by me or my office.

Essentially he's saying that if the Federal Government passes an unconstitutional law that requires him to do something like confiscate weapons or ammunition from lawful citizens, he will not be a party to it. Good for him.

My question to him would be, why now? The Constitution has been getting abused for a long time? Where were you all the other times when the Federal Government wiped their butt with the Constitution and infringed upon the freedoms and liberties of Ohioans?

I kind of agree with the bolded part but on the cool this has nothing to do with the right to bear arms. No this is another republican attempt to make President Obama look bad. Do you really thing all of thes sherrifs comming out of the woodwork saying they would not enforce gun federal gun laws if romney were president? Hell no. Besides if it were really that bad and the stuff hit the fan it would not matter who the president is the gov't would ultimately attempt to do whatever the hell the wants to do anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country

If in the end, the government is going to do whatever it wants to, that's even more reason for people like this sheriff to stand up again unconstitutional laws that try and disarm the populace.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast