Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Wow sad but the owner has done it to them. Haha
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

So sad that you would think it was staged or fake but I really can't blame the fans since they always have their star players traded away even after the owner promises not to do so
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

They did it to themselves. My question to the taxpayers is why would they approve a new tax funded stadium in the first place? Baseball in Florida has been a tough proposition for years......
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Florida is a great place for Spring Training, but not for a baseball team. (Not just because they're losing, look at the Rays! They had to beg fans to come to the park.) Give a franchise to places that will fill the seats. Maybe a Portland franchise, or a Virginia/Carolina, San Antonio?? Even Vancouver if you wanted to get a team back in Canada. This obviously won't happen to the Marlins, but it would be smart if they could.
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    They did it to themselves. My question to the taxpayers is why would they approve a new tax funded stadium in the first place? Baseball in Florida has been a tough proposition for years......
    It's not that Miami's not a baseball town, It's just that there's horrible weather. It's always hot and muggy and rains even during the summer time. That's why I thought the retractible roof for this new stadium (supposedly) was a good idea.

Why do you guys think the Astros were the first to play in a dome stadium? It's super-freakin hot in Houston!!!

Why have the Mariners always played in a dome-type stadium? It's always raining in Seattle!!!!

Football is one thing: there's always action to watch. But NO ONE wants to sit through a slow moving game (which baseball can be sometimes) when it's 90 degrees and humid and it's raining!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think the Dodgers always draw 3 million or more even in losing seasons? We got great weather out here!
    Last edited by Ledd Raubstur; 02-17-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

Quote Originally Posted by metsmagic18 View Post
    Florida is a great place for Spring Training, but not for a baseball team. (Not just because they're losing, look at the Rays! They had to beg fans to come to the park.) Give a franchise to places that will fill the seats. Maybe a Portland franchise, or a Virginia/Carolina, San Antonio?? Even Vancouver if you wanted to get a team back in Canada. This obviously won't happen to the Marlins, but it would be smart if they could.
    Even though I don't think Florida is perfect for a baseball team MLB still needs at least one team down there. I think if you had the Rays in a better stadium or a better owner for the Marlins then you would have been able to at least build up some sort of fan base down there. By having too struggling franchises you are just making the situation worse and you just have to look at how moving the Expos to Washington benefited the team and baseball.

I'd also throw moving the A's out of Oakland as a possibility since that area is a dump and having the team in another place would be more beneficial to baseball too.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content