Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 112
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant #88 View Post
    Can we take his MVP now?!! and give it to Matt Kemp who should've won it!!
    Oh waaaaaa. The only thing older than Ray Lewis' schtick are Matt Kemp fans complaining about him not winning the MVP. Get over it.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wisportsnut77 View Post
    I'm with you Lambeau for sure. I really don't think he did everything. He is "The Man" in Milwaukee and would have way too much to lose and would for sure lose fans including myself. I've got nothing but love and respoect and 100 percent believe him. I know I will be crucified for my opinion, but I'm standing by it.
    Braun is a millionaire many times over, and a year ago, he was in the fight of his life trying to get his suspension overturned. His legal team would exhaust every possible avenue to find information to discredit the test, the collection process, etc. I'm sure that Braun's team consulted with no less than 100 experts.

    This clinic didn't open doors telling the public "hey, we exist only to provide Major League baseball players with illegal substances. Everybody else just ignore us". I'm sure the business had several legitimate interests, and would have gained an expertise in this arena. Why wouldn't a defense team gathering information hire them as consultants? Until a few weeks ago, nobody knew they were doing anything else "on the side", so to speak.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

  3. #13
    as far as I'm concerned, everyone's juicing until proven otherwise. There's too much money to be had. The fact that Melky can go from garbage to super hero, get caught and suspended, and still wind up with a 8 mil per year contract after the fact says it all. I'd let someone stick a needle in my butt too if it was going to be worth 16 million.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    Braun is a millionaire many times over, and a year ago, he was in the fight of his life trying to get his suspension overturned. His legal team would exhaust every possible avenue to find information to discredit the test, the collection process, etc. I'm sure that Braun's team consulted with no less than 100 experts.

    This clinic didn't open doors telling the public "hey, we exist only to provide Major League baseball players with illegal substances. Everybody else just ignore us". I'm sure the business had several legitimate interests, and would have gained an expertise in this arena. Why wouldn't a defense team gathering information hire them as consultants? Until a few weeks ago, nobody knew they were doing anything else "on the side", so to speak.
    and don't forget - it was Braun's crack legal team that leaked the story of him testing positive. So I'm not surprised they found/used a slime ball for a researcher/consultant - if that is truly the case.

    I will say this about Braun, at least he stands up and puts out some sort of story - unlike Arod and congress's kangaroo court "witnesses"

  5. #15
    Yep and I believed every word he said and still do to this day.

  6. #16
    Well, except that Braun has been pretty much a baseball superstar since high school. He was the college baseball Freshman of the year in 2003. After the test in question after the off season last year, he's been tested more, and has been clean, and had a better season than he did in 2011 when he won the MVP.

    There's been no spike in his production. He's not gotten any bigger, or faster, since becoming a pro. He doesn't hit the ball any further.

    I know there are different kinds of performance enhancers, but remember, the test that flagged Braun wasn't for a PED. It was a "banned substance". Hell, it could have been pot, and that would have been sufficient for a ban.

    It seems people have some ax to grind with Ryan Braun. The guy is the only Major Leaguer ever to have a ban overturned (that we know of). Is it not possible that he didn't do anything?
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmo1979 View Post
    and don't forget - it was Braun's crack legal team that leaked the story of him testing positive. So I'm not surprised they found/used a slime ball for a researcher/consultant - if that is truly the case.

    I will say this about Braun, at least he stands up and puts out some sort of story - unlike Arod and congress's kangaroo court "witnesses"
    Where has it ever been proven it was Braun's defense team that leaked the story? Just out of curiosity...how could that in any way benefit Braun? Regardless of the outcome of the appeal, making it public was about the worst thing that could have happened to Ryan Braun, because the public will formulate their opinion sans any proof, or scientific evidence. As soon as it was leaked by ESPN that he had failed a test, people made up their minds he was guilty. He was guilty, should be banned, should forfeit the MVP to Kemp, etc etc. I can't say I blame them for jumping to conclusions, as it seems that there are a lot of people that cheat. But it's just sad that nothing he can do will ever clear his name totally. The Shyam Das opinion cannot be released. If Braun does speak out in any kind of detail what really happened, then the overturn could be nullified, and he could be suspended.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

  8. #18

  9. #19
    Anyone with a Brewers avatar and Ryan Braun banner will not have an unbiased opinion about this.

    He's a cheater.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    Where has it ever been proven it was Braun's defense team that leaked the story? Just out of curiosity...how could that in any way benefit Braun? Regardless of the outcome of the appeal, making it public was about the worst thing that could have happened to Ryan Braun, because the public will formulate their opinion sans any proof, or scientific evidence. As soon as it was leaked by ESPN that he had failed a test, people made up their minds he was guilty. He was guilty, should be banned, should forfeit the MVP to Kemp, etc etc. I can't say I blame them for jumping to conclusions, as it seems that there are a lot of people that cheat. But it's just sad that nothing he can do will ever clear his name totally. The Shyam Das opinion cannot be released. If Braun does speak out in any kind of detail what really happened, then the overturn could be nullified, and he could be suspended.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...97882/35087627

    A point can be made it wasn;t his inner circle that 'leaked' it - but no one else has been ratted out before or since so I put the blame squarely on his legal team

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •