Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmo1979 View Post
    Thats precisely my point. Someone on brauns team was a flaming moron. His test was leaked by their actions and then they hire a sleezy doc as a consultant ( or so the story goes)
    Show me one article...one, where it's been determined that one of Braun's team members leaked it (and I'm not talking about an article with 'a hunch'. Show me proof). Because otherwise, you're just guessing. And you're not even making an educated guess.

You have no clue how many people are involved in this whole process. And any one person along the way could have leaked it. To blame one of his defense team members for it without any supporting information whatsoever is just absurd.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

You are beginning to sound like Johnny Cochran.

"If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit".

Quote Originally Posted by JBpatches View Post
    You are beginning to sound like Johnny Cochran.

"If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit".
    And you're beginning to sound like a broken record.

How would you like it if you were accused of doing something illegal, and people immediately branded you as guilty? Hmm? And that perception continued even after you won your appeal?
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    And you're beginning to sound like a broken record.

How would you like it if you were accused of doing something illegal, and people immediately branded you as guilty? Hmm? And that perception continued even after you won your appeal?
    If I were to do something illegal and some how weaseled my way into getting the case thrown out.. I would deserve to still be considered guilty by the public.

LOL, Braun weaseled his way out of it? You know none of the facts of the case, but you sure are speaking as you have intimate knowledge of the details.

Kemp wasn't getting hurt left and right last year. He pulled a hamstring, re-injured by coming back too soon. Then injured his shoulder playing a ball in center field and giving up his body by running into the wall. Nothing that any other outfielder would have done or has done. There's no hmmmmm, I wonder if it's because he's using. His name has not been linked to anything and being in L.A. if he was trust me we would know. The media had no problem frying Kobe for what he did.

We do know that this place is in Miami. Miami is where...... Braun went to college..... Braun was a team mate of Carrillo and Valencia..... Miami's strength and conditioning coach was implicated..... Arod and Gonzalez live. So we shall see what happens from here.

But, for real, I really hope you are right and we are wrong. I would be devastated if I found out that Griffey Jr used or Kemp used, weather it was PED's, testosterone or anything in that nature. If he is innocent I will apologize to you and if he is guilty I hope you do the same to me. And you can give me Braun's MVP for Kemp.

P.S.
    I would/do feel this way about any player whom cheats. This has nothing to do with Braun beating Kemp for MVP. I think anybody that had won any individual award and were found guilty of cheating should have to turn it over. I know he has not yet but others have. Like I said we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant #88 View Post
    Kemp wasn't getting hurt left and right last year. He pulled a hamstring, re-injured by coming back too soon. Then injured his shoulder playing a ball in center field and giving up his body by running into the wall. Nothing that any other outfielder would have done or has done. There's no hmmmmm, I wonder if it's because he's using. His name has not been linked to anything and being in L.A. if he was trust me we would know. The media had no problem frying Kobe for what he did.

We do know that this place is in Miami. Miami is where...... Braun went to college..... Braun was a team mate of Carrillo and Valencia..... Miami's strength and conditioning coach was implicated..... Arod and Gonzalez live. So we shall see what happens from here.

But, for real, I really hope you are right and we are wrong. I would be devastated if I found out that Griffey Jr used or Kemp used, weather it was PED's, testosterone or anything in that nature. If he is innocent I will apologize to you and if he is guilty I hope you do the same to me. And you can give me Braun's MVP for Kemp.

P.S.
    I would/do feel this way about any player whom cheats. This has nothing to do with Braun beating Kemp for MVP. I think anybody that had won any individual award and were found guilty of cheating should have to turn it over. I know he has not yet but others have. Like I said we will have to wait and see.
    All I'm asking is that people not jump to conclusions, and if I've gotten heated with you, Bryant #88, I'm sorry. I'll apologize now :) My ire is not directed at you. I'm so tired of people who haven't read one page of expert testimony on this case definitively saying "he's guilty". The guy who read everything, Shyam Das, determined the suspension was inappropriate, and overturned. Then, under the most intense scrutiny imaginable, Braun goes out and has another MVP season, even better than the 2011 season in question. Doesn't that make anybody pause for just a second? Forget possible motive. Does nobody question why a veteran collector would leave a sample out on his counter for nearly 72 hours? Once it was learned that procedure was not followed to such a negligent degree, the sample in question should have been thrown out.

From what I've read, people seem to think that there was this wall of evidence against Braun last year, and Das just decided to overturn on a whim "cause it sat out a couple extra days". It took Das nearly a month to rule after the appeal was presented. If it were something as simple as "the collector didn't mail it in a timely manner", do you really think he'd have taken that long? There's no need to look at the thousands of pages of expert testimony, or the lab results, if it's so easy to overturn a suspension because procedure wasn't followed. It would take 5 minutes to come to that conclusion. But that's not what happened.

I would be the most disappointed Brewer fan there is if there were conclusive evidence against Braun. But that's just not the case. Showing up on a piece of paper with "money owed", and nothing else, when there are page after page detailing other MLB players and what specific illegal drug were used, just doesn't add up. The name of Braun's lawyer appearing on the same page doesn't add up.

Some people need to use their heads. If this were a criminal trial, the prosecutor would be laughed out of court. Insufficient evidence to say the least.

As I stated earlier in this thread, if he were telling the truth (which I doubt), why would he hire this guy as all people as a consultant? He's not an expert, and doesn't have the credibility.

Hopefully Braun serves those 50 games that he got off on last time because of a technicality.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Did you know this guy was shady a year ago? Had there been any news about this guy a year ago? Braun's attorney said that they put him on retainer, and in the end didn't end up using him as his "contribution was negligible".

He's only listed once in all this paperwork (along with his attorney. What, was his legal council scoring him some PED's? Get real). When the story broke a week ago, there was no mention of Braun. Multiple news sources have come out and said they didn't include him in the initial story because there wasn't sufficient information to link him to anything.

Why is it so hard for you to believe could be telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    Did you know this guy was shady a year ago? Had there been any news about this guy a year ago? Braun's attorney said that they put him on retainer, and in the end didn't end up using him as his "contribution was negligible".

He's only listed once in all this paperwork (along with his attorney. What, was his legal council scoring him some PED's? Get real). When the story broke a week ago, there was no mention of Braun. Multiple news sources have come out and said they didn't include him in the initial story because there wasn't sufficient information to link him to anything.

Why is it so hard for you to believe could be telling the truth?
    because he failed a test that he ONLY got off on because of a technicality?

Why is it so hard to believe that he could be not telling the truth? I can't imagine you would feel the same if he played for the White Sox, for instance.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast