Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Everyone in the PED world must clearly hate Braun...I mean, how else does this happen that he is involved multiple times? Guy is clean as a whistle! Can't have anything to do with the fact that he's a liar and a cheater.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Packers, Buckeyes, Indians, Blue Jackets, Anthony Schlegel, and Nikita Nikitin
    R.I.P Stefanie Spielman, Dante Lavelli, Bob Feller, Jack Tatum

Well, I'm ready to crucify him. It's not just a coincidence that he tested postive for high testosterone levels and then has his name linked to Bosch. He's a cheater!!!
    Last edited by baseballboy2; 02-06-2013 at 03:39 PM.

Why people even try to defend these cheaters is beyond me. Do you think they give a rat's ôôô about their fans? No, so why should you. 99% of these athletes play for the money rather than the love.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballboy2 View Post
    Why people even try to defend these cheaters is beyond me. Do you think they give a rat's ™™™ about their fans? No, so why should you. 99% of these athletes play for the money rather than the love.
    People defend ballplayers who are accused of something like this because the evidence is circumstantial and America is the land of innocent until proven guilty. Suspicion and guilt are not one and the same. When we mistake the two we are forsaking the very tenets our countries (I'm Canadian) were founded on.

99% of professional athletes are not playing for the money. They're not devoting several years of intense physical workouts to finely craft a non-transferable skill for the one-in-a-million shot of making it to the majors just to chase the money. If love of money is the sole motivating factor, these guys could have spent a couple years at a decent business school or worked the stock market, or robbed a bank for that matter. Greed might be a factor for some, but I'd submit that no one makes the show without absolutely loving this game.
    Stuck in the 90s, I collect all things and everything Hidden Content .
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealSOC View Post
    People defend ballplayers who are accused of something like this because the evidence is circumstantial and America is the land of innocent until proven guilty. Suspicion and guilt are not one and the same. When we mistake the two we are forsaking the very tenets our countries (I'm Canadian) were founded on.

99% of professional athletes are not playing for the money. They're not devoting several years of intense physical workouts to finely craft a non-transferable skill for the one-in-a-million shot of making it to the majors just to chase the money. If love of money is the sole motivating factor, these guys could have spent a couple years at a decent business school or worked the stock market, or robbed a bank for that matter. Greed might be a factor for some, but I'd submit that no one makes the show without absolutely loving this game.
    I totally disagree. If they were not playing for money there would be no need to hire an agent, there would not be holdouts and there would not be strikes. I agree that these guys have spent years honing their skills, but to say that they are not playing for money I would highly disagree.

I agree suspicion and guilt are not the same. Many cases have been won on circumstantial evidence. Braunoid first came up dirty but got off on a technicality. Now he has links to a known individual who is associated with PED's. Some here want to poo poo anything that arises. I'm someone who could never sit on a jury. I have been excused a couple of times during voir dire because I believe a defense attorney will say and do anything and everything they can get away with to get their client off. They would have you believe that space aliens came down and committed the crime. I believe in absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, that comes out of any defense attorneys mouth. They are one step up or down, I'm not sure, from a used car salesman.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-06-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Added a sentence
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content

Well Rick, if you want to believe everything you read that's your perogative. However, if you were ever wrongfully accused of something, I would fight for your right as a tax-paying citizen (and a man who fought for his country as well) to have a fair trial and not let the court of public opinion confuse the facts. I don't believe that when a man puts on a baseball jersey he waives that right. When you use a term like Braunoid it tells me you've bought into the hype and the facts don't matter - rumors will suffice.
    Stuck in the 90s, I collect all things and everything Hidden Content .
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealSOC View Post
    Well Rick, if you want to believe everything you read that's your perogative. However, if you were ever wrongfully accused of something, I would fight for your right as a tax-paying citizen (and a man who fought for his country as well) to have a fair trial and not let the court of public opinion confuse the facts. I don't believe that when a man puts on a baseball jersey he waives that right. When you use a term like Braunoid it tells me you've bought into the hype and the facts don't matter - rumors will suffice.
    Thank you for the offer.

Braunoid" had a dirty urine and now he has ties to an individual involved in PED's. It's no hype, that's the facts. I've made my living having to make judgements on people and situations in a matter of seconds. Having much more time than a few seconds the way Braunoid has acted and not acted are not those of someone I would deem as innocent.

I've had the displeasure of accompanying scumbags for 25+ years to court and seen first hand defense attorneys tactics both in the military and civilian sectors. They will say and do ANYTHING in accordance with the rules of law to get their scumbag/dirty acquitted. Any citizen can sit and watch Court TV and see the antics of defense attorneys.

The only time I may need your services is if someone enters my home uninvited. My dogs will probably have too much fun with them as they enjoy meaty chew toys lol (signs are posted all over for liability) and I will bet he/they/she will be leaving in a body bag. Hopefully they do not have a weapon on them.

I believe anyone with 3 felonies belongs being a crispy critter. Lethal injection is too humane.

...Rick

EDIT: One last thing as far as help. You may get a call from my wife to represent her for a speeding ticket. I told her if I'm in the car and she gets stopped I WILL NOT tin another officer to get her out of a ticket. I also told her I WILL NOT call someone if she is alone and gets a ticket. I told her if she gets too many tickets and loses her license she can call for a taxi. You can ask my wife, I believe she is at three, possibly four speeding tickets since I met her in 2004. I used to tell my young MP's that you cannot go out one night and act a fool and the next night pick someone up for doing the same thing they did the night before. People have no respect for that type of behavior. Just because someone carries a badge that does not mean that they are above the law and have carte blanche to do whatever they want.
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-06-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content

I still dont know why these guys would go to someone who issues PED's to athletes to use as a consultant? Thay have the money to hire any Doctor or lab worker they want yet they use a known person that sells PED's. How would that help their case in any way?

So, if I commit a murder I need to get a murderer as an attorney I guess.

In other news, Todd Helton was convicted of DUI in which he could have killed actual people instead of ones testicles. But no one gives a crap...

Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Teams View Post
    I will go one step further. ANY professional athlete in ANY sport who has ties to Boesch needs to speak up BEFORE their name is leaked to the press. This would have been especially true with Braunoid since he has already came up dirty, even though he got off on a technicality. Not coming clean when you have dealt with someone linked to roids gives me the impression that one has something to hide.

...Rick
    Attorney Wendy Thurm addressed this specifically in her article on Fangraphs (which I linked earlier. Why am I not surprised that you didn't read this?)

Why didnít Braun get out in front of the story? Why not disclose his connection to Bosch and Biogenesis after the New Times report last week? Two reasons. For one, Braun may not have known that the Biogenesis documents contained any reference to him. The New Times report didnít identify Braun in any way. Why get out in front of a story without knowing the facts? Second, if Bosch was a behind-the-scenes consultant, then his identity and work on Braunís appeal was privileged and confidential. If Braun had issued a broad statement disclosing everything he knows about Bosch, it could result ó down the line ó in a waiver of confidentiality. Braunís statement today was narrowly crafted to address only the documents in Yahoo!ís report. If I were Braunís attorney, I would have advised precisely the same approach.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast