Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NY Giants release Boley and Bradshaw

I know it is buisness but i was a big Bradshaw fan

The New York Giants continued to slice payroll by parting ways with running back Ahmad Bradshaw and defensive tackle Chris Canty.
    After releasing linebacker Michael Boley on Tuesday, the Giants cut their veteran starting running back and the versatile Canty as they try to create more cap space while also moving in a different direction following a 9-7 season that finished with no playoffs for the 2011 Super Bowl champs. The Giants could release more veterans before next month's free agency period begins.

"I saw it coming because of the money," Bradshaw told ESPN's Josina Anderson. "Everything is about money I guess, so yes I was expecting it. I'm not discouraged at all. I'm just looking towards getting healthy and working with somebody else. That is all I can do. The Giants fans will always be remembered and always be loved. This is where I started and I just want to thank everybody for their support. Hopefully I'll be back soon."

Bradshaw, 26, rushed for 1,015 yards and six touchdowns as the team's primary running back. However, he has had a history of battling through feet and ankle injuries and recently had surgery to have a screw replaced in his right foot, keeping him out for another eight weeks. Bradshaw has missed 12 games in his six seasons with the Giants but helped them win two Super Bowls during his New York tenure.
    The Giants were projected to be $4.7 million over the salary cap for 2013 by NFL senior writer John Clayton and the team has to create space to try to keep free agents like left tackle Will Beatty and restricted free agents like Victor Cruz, Stevie Brown and Andre Brown.
    Bradshaw was uncertain about his future toward the end of the season. The Giants' 2012 first-round pick David Wilson emerged toward the end of the season and Andre Brown scored eight touchdowns this past season before breaking his leg. Canty was due to make $6.25 million in base salary this upcoming season. He played in just nine games this past season after having knee surgery in the offseason.
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

somewhere David Wilson collectors are seeing $$$$$$$$$$$$
    I only pay via paypal invoice.

Wilson will be the new starter i am sure they will draft a rb as always.Bradshaw was a draft pick when they had a great running game going.Thye always find a great back to fit the system.Wilson can be great if he holds on to the ball.Bradshaw has that nagging foot problem.Sad to see him go
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Wilson can't carry the full load game after game. They will draft another rb in round 2 or 3. Talent in this draft isn't very good this year though. I think a guy like gillislee from Florida would be a guy they could draft. He won't go round one or maybe even 2, but he's a good complimentary back. Although he had some injury issues as well. With the giants having cap issues I doubt they will spend 1st round money on a back.

Would love to see the Steelers scoop up Bradshaw. He is a kinda local guy (grew up and played college ball about 3 hours south of Pittsburgh) and the Steelers will have room for a RB on the roster with Mendy, Dwyer and Redman all being free agents and Chris Rainey just being released and clearing waivers yesterday.

Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

if I'm not mistaken Ben Tate is a restricted free agent this year. I could be wrong. May be next year. Could see Steelers picking him up if he was available.

Tate is going to demand big money.Not worth it but he will try
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

if he can stay healthy he would be worth the money. He can play in most systems because of his running style. He won't get huge money at first. Although he would get more than the Texans would offer him.

Smart moves across the board for the Giants. I liked all three of those guys and sad to see them go. That said, when you consider their pricetag and what they bring to the team, each move makes sense. It's the one downside of being a fan of a well-run team...sentimental favorites don't stay long.

I agree with the comments on Wilson and the workload. My PC isn't extensive, but might even considering unloading some of it if the hype gets high enough next season. I just don't see Wilson as a full-time starter and curious what a healthy (...for how long?) Andre Brown can bring.
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Always looking to add to my Giants PC and Inception PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast