Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: And it already begins

SCF Rewards
    Country

I fail to see the logic here. The OP here was the seller and not the buyer and he only sends in a PWE b/c he doesn't want to pay extra for shipping. My advice is that he should just stop shipping international if he continues to ship in a PWE.

Anyone who ships with a PWE just to save on costs without telling the buyer ahead of time is kind of a low-rent bum cranking out ones of dollars in his mom's basement - hopefully without the inflatable dolls or My Little Pony posters.

The seller is shipping in PWE to save costs on the buyer. If you weren't complaining about this you would complain about how it costs $9 dlvd for a $1 card.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

No one is trolling anyone here and I rarely post on H.I since the people there have more common sens and are a more mature audience. I have not heard about this nonmachinable PWE, but if you says it exists, then I'll believe you. You are contradicting yourself though when you say you ship for FREE. but in the following sentence you say you're paying for shipping? And that you mentioned in your descriptions that you do not mention shipping in a PWE, but then you say you do? You are the first person I know that thinks shipping in a PWE is alright and if it really was I am sure more people would be doing it.

BANNED

Country

No one is trolling anyone here and I rarely post on H.I since the people there have more common sens and are a more mature audience. I have not heard about this nonmachinable PWE, but if you says it exists, then I'll believe you. You are contradicting yourself though when you say you ship for FREE. but in the following sentence you say you're paying for shipping? And that you mentioned in your descriptions that you do not mention shipping in a PWE, but then you say you do? You are the first person I know that thinks shipping in a PWE is alright and if it really was I am sure more people would be doing it.

A lot of people do ship in PWE first. Second I charge free shipping aka I pay for it instead of the buyer. Third I said I made the mistake of not changing it during the post office rates changing and now I made that change. If the rates didn't changed I wouldn't of shipped in a PWE. But they did change and I'm sure a buyer doesn't want to pay 40% more on a card.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Let's get back to your original post. The buyer had every right to complain b/c you sent in a PWE and you didn't mention it in your description. If most people were to receive a card in a PWE, they would be expect b/c of all the horror stories that have been told over the years.

Let's look at the second point here. You say you know a lot of people that ship in PWEs and fine if it's a base card trade, then no one cares and everything is fine and dandy, but when you are shipping a card of any value whatsoever a bubble mailer is a prerequisite and that's how it should be. If it's too expensive to ship overseas, then charge extra for shipping or say you won't ship overseas and leave it at that. It's common sense really as a lot of people in the USA don't ship overseas b/c of the increased fees.

Lastly, you are not doing anyone a favor here by shipping in a PWE. In all my years of collecting I have received ONE trade in a PWE and the card was totally mangled and I am sure the majority of people here and everywhere else can say the same sort of thing. Again you have had a tremendous run of luck with your shipping practices, but shipping in a PWE is just wrong and if you cease to see that, then there's nothing else I can say.

BANNED

Country

Let's get back to your original post. The buyer had every right to complain b/c you sent in a PWE and you didn't mention it in your description. If most people were to receive a card in a PWE, they would be expect b/c of all the horror stories that have been told over the years.

Let's look at the second point here. You say you know a lot of people that ship in PWEs and fine if it's a base card trade, then no one cares and everything is fine and dandy, but when you are shipping a card of any value whatsoever a bubble mailer is a prerequisite and that's how it should be. If it's too expensive to ship overseas, then charge extra for shipping or say you won't ship overseas and leave it at that. It's common sense really as a lot of people in the USA don't ship overseas b/c of the increased fees.

Lastly, you are not doing anyone a favor here by shipping in a PWE. In all my years of collecting I have received ONE trade in a PWE and the card was totally mangled and I am sure the majority of people here and everywhere else can say the same sort of thing. Again you have had a tremendous run of luck with your shipping practices, but shipping in a PWE is just wrong and if you cease to see that, then there's nothing else I can say.

How is 1000+ deals lucky? No, there is a correct way to do it and incorrect. I admitted right away I should of put it in the description. Canada isn't overseas. You are telling me to stop shipping hockey cards to Canada. That is impossible. Shipping in a PWE isn't wrong seeing I NEVER had one damaged issue with it. How can that be wrong? You don't realized that nowadays if anyone in USA wants to sell hockey cards, they will need to use PWE. Have you not seen the countless people either charging $7 (you really wanna pay $7 on a $3 card?), or stating they will ship in a PWE. Just start expecting it from America, because it is the only way to do low-end deals. You won't pay $7 shipping on a $15 card, and I won't charge free shipping and pay out of pocket $7 on a $15 card. I don't think you understand the postal rate increase.

You made my point BTW, you didn't even know what a nonmachinable is. So how can you say PWE is bad when you only did it once, and never did a nonmachinable? I have had more damaged cards in bubble mailers than PWE. So I guess bubble mailers are worse.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (105)
    Country
    See penalty-man's Items on eBay

Who would be stupid enough to buy a $1 card with $9 shipping?

Also the point being made has swiftly floated above your head. All I'm asking at least is to provide an explanation for whether you use PWE to ship cards or not. It shouldn't be a guessing game for the buyer. Just provide an explanation to foreign (non-US) buyers that "$x.xx shipping for those outside of the United States will be sent in a plain white envelope to save costs."

Why are you menstruating all over the forum?

BANNED

Country

Who would be stupid enough to buy a $1 card with $9 shipping?

Also the point being made has swiftly floated above your head. All I'm asking at least is to provide an explanation for whether you use PWE to ship cards or not. It shouldn't be a guessing game for the buyer. Just provide an explanation to foreign (non-US) buyers that "$x.xx shipping for those outside of the United States will be sent in a plain white envelope to save costs."

Why are you menstruating all over the forum?

Go back to HI. Gotta be kidding me. I told you I made a mistake by not changing my listings. You are the one trying to be a typical HI member and act so tough. The site that ruined the hockey portion of the hobby so go back. Don't act so tough without READING THE WHOLE THREAD. I said countless times I do mention it, just forgot to change it during the postage rates change. BTW 35 transactions to Canada since the change, 32 in PWE, all but this one person had NO issue.

BANNED

Country

Please close, sick of the people on HI trying to act so tough on here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You really stepped in the hornets nest here. In defense of the OP, I have received numerous cards via non-machinable PWE and never had a problem. He made a mistake, admitted to it and now you people are crucifying him. People make mistakes, now ™™™™.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

i have never had an issue with a PWE shipment coming to me. If I was buying a high-end card, yes I would expect a bubble mailer. Quite honestly, I would like to see more American sellers move to PWE, because with all of these $7 + shipping costs popping up now it is seriously limiting who I am willing to purchase from. And on a side note, some of the comments on here have dropped below ignorant and offensive, I don't understand the need for it. You know who you are...grow up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast