Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: And it already begins

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, this thread turned into a train wreck. Is it really that difficult to act civilized?

The OP (the seller) made the mistake of not mentioning the PWE, realized he made the mistake, and corrected it. End of story, no?

Personally I'm fine with someone shipping in a white envelope, IF it is mentioned. Generally speaking I think it's assumed that cards are shipped in a bubble mailer. That's why people have an issue when they receive a PWE.

BANNED

Country

Wow, this thread turned into a train wreck. Is it really that difficult to act civilized?

The OP (the seller) made the mistake of not mentioning the PWE, realized he made the mistake, and corrected it. End of story, no?

Personally I'm fine with someone shipping in a white envelope, IF it is mentioned. Generally speaking I think it's assumed that cards are shipped in a bubble mailer. That's why people have an issue when they receive a PWE.

I think Canadian buyers will need to change their exception however if they are buying from USA. If you buy a card let's say under $25, just expect it to be PWE unless they actually charge $7 shipping. I just don't get the hatred for PWE. If it is done right it is the same thing as a bubble mailer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've only received 3 trades in a pwe, 2 were done right, and the third was shredded, the cards were fine though. As long as I know in advance it's coming in a pwe I've got no problems with it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think Canadian buyers will need to change their exception however if they are buying from USA. If you buy a card let's say under $25, just expect it to be PWE unless they actually charge $7 shipping. I just don't get the hatred for PWE. If it is done right it is the same thing as a bubble mailer.

Why not just mention that you're shipping it in a white envelope? It's not just Canadians who expect a bubble mailer, it's a pretty common thought throughout the whole online trading community. If you just mention it's a PWE, then the buyer can decide for themselves if they want to buy the card.

As for the hatred for it, a lot of times it's because people do NOT do it right. I've received cards in a white envelope, no sleeve, no top loader, etc., obviously damaged. I've never had someone send cards like that in a bubble mailer. In my experience, most cards I've received in PWE's have been shipped very lazily, hence the hatred throughout the trading community. Sure, some people do it right, and kudos to them. But I'm just saying that's why they are held in poor regard.

BANNED

Country

Why not just mention that you're shipping it in a white envelope? It's not just Canadians who expect a bubble mailer, it's a pretty common thought throughout the whole online trading community. If you just mention it's a PWE, then the buyer can decide for themselves if they want to buy the card.

As for the hatred for it, a lot of times it's because people do NOT do it right. I've received cards in a white envelope, no sleeve, no top loader, etc., obviously damaged. I've never had someone send cards like that in a bubble mailer. In my experience, most cards I've received in PWE's have been shipped very lazily, hence the hatred throughout the trading community. Sure, some people do it right, and kudos to them. But I'm just saying that's why they are held in poor regard.

You should mention it. I am just saying start to expect it if you see free shipping. It was expected to use a bubble mailer until the rates blew up. Well if someone sends you a card in a bubble mailer with no sleeve, no toploader.. it will get damaged haha. That seller is just lazy regardless.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Unless I am paying for bubble mailer shipping (ie$3.50 or whatnot), I am perfectly fine with PWE for smaller cards!
    If the card is secured properly and arrives safe and sound, I'm a happy camper

BANNED

Country

Unless I am paying for bubble mailer shipping (ie$7), I am perfectly fine with PWE for smaller cards!
    If the card is secured properly and arrives safe and sound, I'm a happy camper

Changed it for you. I do wonder if some people around the world don't realize the rate change yet?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Shipping in a PWE is a HUGE risk and no one I know does it. Why take the risk of having the card you're sending totally destroyed? You must be the luckiest guy in the world if you have sent that many trades in a PWE without one single complaint.

I've had over 1,000 sales myself with a Re-Inforced PWE. What makes you think that the World begins and ends inside a bubble envelope?

I am having tremendous success with it, I am also not charging shipping, and trying to build in some of the New $1.30 PWE Cost in shipping to Canada within the auction, but I am very fair with the overall price.

I have already seen 15 auctions, where higher volume US Shippers have either stopped shipping to Canada, or they are charging $6.55 or $7.00 for One Card, all explained in their auction.

Palantri, the SCF member with the most Feedback on SCF is not shipping to Canada now himself. He does thousands of trades and is probably at a Post Office where they won't entertain using the Large Envelope format.

Some of our sellers on here have seen a 118% Increase in shipping to Canada at their local Post Offices, and others are still able to ship via large envelope without a Customs Form.

The Large Envelop, non Customs Form, and the Re-Inforced PWE well secured inside a well taped outside of the card, simply works. Canadians getting Large Envelopes and Re-Infored PWE's are getting them quickly.

My shipping time now to Toronto and Montreal from Oregon (2,646 Miles to T.O.) is 5 days, instead of 18-24 days, and my eBay customers are ecstatic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just received two cards in the mail today from an SCF member in the US. He shipped in a 6" x 9" yellow envelope (NO bubbles). He used bristol board folder over and taped it up as centrehice described in the sticky for a reinforced PWE. Both cards were in penny sleeves, in a top loader with a team bag within the bristol board. The cards arrived in PERFECT condition. There wasn't any damage to the outer yellow envelope. I was 100% satisfied with the packaging and even happier about the reduced shipping cost.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I just received two cards in the mail today from an SCF member in the US. He shipped in a 6" x 9" yellow envelope (NO bubbles). He used bristol board folder over and taped it up as centrehice described in the sticky for a reinforced PWE. Both cards were in penny sleeves, in a top loader with a team bag within the bristol board. The cards arrived in PERFECT condition. There wasn't any damage to the outer yellow envelope. I was 100% satisfied with the packaging and even happier about the reduced shipping cost.

ALL HAIL THE BUBBLE (For Cards under $7 (+/- 2.50)...

But has anyone tried the reinforced PWE method to Canada for a thicker card? Anything above a single toploader seems to be begging for trouble, right?
    Last edited by FuriousD82; 02-07-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast