Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousD82 View Post
    I've asked for nonmachineable and they have no idea what I am talking about
    Tell them to look at their USPS Employee Training Manual, as it's in there. Heh, heh. If your USPS Clerks do not know about Non-Machineable postage, then ask to speak with the Local Post Master/Mistress. They are on location. Take them aside separately and tell them that their employees do not know anything about Non-Machineable, and why the hell is that so?

You have to be proactive. When it comes to government employees, you have to be insistent. The ball is in your court.

Can you buy nonmachinable stamps or do you have to go through the post office?

I live in a small town, and I deal with the guys personally, as the sticker they use has an indicator which tells the USPS computer that it's Non-Machineable. I have used stamps when the guys are too busy, but I always hand them the PWE. I have never just dropped it in the box.

They need to have a stamp like a "Fragile, or Media Mail Stamp" that says "Non-Machineable" that they can hit the envelope with to ensure that it's does not get a trip on the nasty rubber band sorter.

As mentioned 5-6 times in this thread, I have not had a problem among my customers. You Must state boldly in your eBay auction, that all cards will be shipped in "Re-Inforced Top-Loader, securely taped inside the envelope. I also tape all the edges so the cardboard and top-loader do not wear through in transit.

I don't really see an issue shipping it with a PWE if it's a lower end card and it's listed in the auction. The OP obviously made a mistake not mentioning it, so learn from it and no big deal.

As far as costs go, for me shipping a bubble mailer to Canada is typically $2.05. I start my auctions out at a price that will make me a little money with the shipping built right in. Everyone gets a bubble mailer with secure shipping, and I don't lose any money on shipping the card. Win win. At $3.25 minimum auction start with shipping included most people are ok at that price even for a lower end card. This way the customer knows their price right off the bat once the auction ends. If it doesn't sell it doesn't sell and I move it to a bulk lot.
    Hidden Content

I collect:
    New York Yankees
    Rasmus Ristolainen (A little Nakita Zadorov)

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronHorse4 View Post
    I don't really see an issue shipping it with a PWE if it's a lower end card and it's listed in the auction. The OP obviously made a mistake not mentioning it, so learn from it and no big deal.

As far as costs go, for me shipping a bubble mailer to Canada is typically $2.05. I start my auctions out at a price that will make me a little money with the shipping built right in. Everyone gets a bubble mailer with secure shipping, and I don't lose any money on shipping the card. Win win. At $3.25 minimum auction start with shipping included most people are ok at that price even for a lower end card. This way the customer knows their price right off the bat once the auction ends. If it doesn't sell it doesn't sell and I move it to a bulk lot.
    It cost $1.30 to send a bubble nonmachinable right?

Quote Originally Posted by OPCbreaker43 View Post
    Domestically? I don't know about. I don't ever say non machinable since I always use bubble mailers. It's $1.12 domestic and $2.05 to Canada first class no frills.
    Hidden Content

I collect:
    New York Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronHorse4 View Post
    Domestically? I don't know about. I don't ever say non machinable since I always use bubble mailers. It's $1.12 domestic and $2.05 to Canada first class no frills.
    How? WHat's your secret haha

Quote Originally Posted by OPCbreaker43 View Post

I use a contract post office close to my house and they send it all as a large envelope. Once it gets to the "actual" post office I gather that they don't care to check it because the difference is so negligible. Never had a problem with it and items never get sent back.
    Hidden Content

I collect:
    New York Yankees

Closed as per the OP's request. Can be re-opened, but only at the request of the OP.
    I Really Need These Set Killers:
    2007-08 Trilogy Personal Scripts Ales Hemsky (no inscription) /25
    2007-08 Trilogy Personal Scripts Gordie Howe (Whalers) “1076 Goals” /25
    2010-11 Dominion Benchmark Sticks (non-auto) Steve Yzerman /25
    2010-11 Dominion Honored Rivals Henrik Lundqvist/Martin Brodeur /49

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567