Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

No for to door on Saturday. Basically, just the carriers are cut for one day a week and the rest of the operation continues is was.

right. no residential delivery on saturdays. wasn't aware they were still delivering some stuff on saturdays.
    Last edited by Star_Cards; 02-08-2013 at 03:57 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://smallbiztrends.com/2013/02/sa...-usps-cut.html

To me the right step for them to take is cutting Saturday delivery completely, but I guess it is a step, just stinks for the mail deliverers who have no clue how they will be paid on Saturdays.

yeah. seems like if you are sending trucks into a neighborhood to deliver door to door and just to a few that get a package or two would have a very similar cost. The drivers wouldn't spend as much time or gas driving down each road but why send them out at all?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

If someone is expecting mail or important packages on Saturday the post office should give their customers the option of Saturday mail pickup.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

yeah. seems like if you are sending trucks into a neighborhood to deliver door to door and just to a few that get a package or two would have a very similar cost. The drivers wouldn't spend as much time or gas driving down each road but why send them out at all?

Also, this is a national thing, no? That much little can add up to a lot on that scale.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I heard more than One Billion dollars per year in savings. Don't know if this is even remotely true, I also heard that they were bleeding cash like the rest of the US Government, to the tune of 25 Million per day.

Both the saving in cost amounts and the cash bleeding amounts sound outrageous to me, but they are a HUGE enterprise, so it's all within the realm of possibility.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

They have to do that. Their unfunded pension liabilities are so high they're almost comical.

In 2006, the Republican Congress passed a bill that required the Postal Service to fully fund future retiree health benefits for the next 75 years and to accomplish this within a 10-year period. Republicans are always insisting that the USPS be run like a good capitalist enterprise, but few, if any, private businesses could bear the burden of funding three-quarters of a century of retired employees’ medical costs over just one decade.

Honestly NO company has had to or ever could handle that mandate. From the number I heard it was 72 Billion!
    I think that is more comical

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

You guys realize that they are still going to deliver packages on Saturday. Mail carriers get paid by the mile, so I fail to see how this will save the PO any money at all. The only way this makes sense is if they pay the carriers by hour on Saturdays, but it still wont save the PO very much.

Mail Carriers here DO NOT get paid by the mile
    they are Hourly

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also, this is a national thing, no? That much little can add up to a lot on that scale.

yes it would be nationally. If UPS can find savings in routing their drivers so they only take right hand turns then this should be an even greater savings by taking away a day of delivery. If they have drivers delivering some packages on saturday that won't maximize the savings. Maybe the USPS could charge for saturday delivery.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mail Carriers here DO NOT get paid by the mile
    they are Hourly

Rural get paid by the mile, urban get paid by hour. It won't save the urban many hours to still deliver packages, it would save a lot of time for rural routes but they are paid by mile, imo this will not save as much $ as they think it will.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234