Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Report: Mariners’ Jesus Montero on PED list

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...7833--mlb.html

Another day, another name. The New York Daily News reports that Seattle Mariners catcher Jesus Montero is listed in the records of Biogenesis, the alleged performance-enhancing drug clinic run by Tony Bosch.

The story comes on the heels of Tuesday's Yahoo! Sports report that named Ryan Braun as a client of Bosch and his Miami-area clinic. Also named in the Yahoo! Sports report: New York Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli and Baltimore Orioles third baseman Danny Valencia. Like Braun, Cervelli and Valencia have denied using PEDs.

In the case of Montero -- a former top prospect for the New York Yankees -- the Daily News didn't report a specific PED listed, which is similar to the Braun news. We haven't heard from Montero yet, but his response may very well be along the lines of Braun's: that he paid Bosch as a consultant.

It's worth noting, however, that Montero is a client of Seth and Sam Levinson. They rep Melky Cabrera, Gio Gonzalez and Nelson Cruz, who were all named in the initial Miami New Times report about Biogenesis. All that circumstance, though, isn't going to get a guy a 50-game suspension.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

The beat goes on as the list grows, Monteroid.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 02-06-2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content

I wonder if this is why they were so quick to trade Montero and why last year they sent Cervelli down to the minors instead of having him on the regular season roster. I'm just waiting for the announcement coming out that Cano gets busted. The guy was friends with Melky and is friends with Arod and the Yankees have been hesitant to sign him to a contract. Odds aren't good for him I'm thinking.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I wonder if this is why they were so quick to trade Montero and why last year they sent Cervelli down to the minors instead of having him on the regular season roster. I'm just waiting for the announcement coming out that Cano gets busted. The guy was friends with Melky and is friends with Arod and the Yankees have been hesitant to sign him to a contract. Odds aren't good for him I'm thinking.
    I hope that's not the case, but I know Cano and Melkyoid were joined at the hip. I don't want to start listing Canoid as one of their brethren.

...Rick
    Hidden Content

I still dont know why these guys would go to someone who issues PED's to athletes to use as a consultant? Thay have the money to hire any Doctor or lab worker they want yet they use a known person that sells PED's. How would that help their case in any way?

So, if I commit a murder I need to get a murderer as an attorney I guess.
    Hidden Content
    ONLY SHIP ON MON & FRI UNLESS PWE. U.S. ONLY
    Dodgers: 1955, 1959, 1963, 1965, 1981, 1988

I say let everybody that wants to do peds to do them,would make for some great baseball and would stop the scandals,and heck it's their body not mine.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    I say let everybody that wants to do peds to do them,would make for some great baseball and would stop the scandals,and heck it's their body not mine.
    That would be completely irresponsible. When athletes feel they need to dope to compete on an even playing field they start to do it in college and high school and I don't know about you but I don't want my kids to feel they have to dope as teenagers to keep up.

Hi jaybird that was written mostly in jest,I'm just tired of a different scandal everyday.I wouldn't want my son to dope up to compete either.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    I hear you on saying it in jest. I always thought of the records as being sacred. No one beats the Maris record for 37 years and then McGwiroid beats it by 9 along with Sosaoid beats it by 5, then three years later Baroid, the humongous headed one beats it by 12.

As far as I'm concerned Maris still holds the record for most HR's in a season and Hammerin Hank is the true HR King.

...Rick
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Teams View Post
    I hear you on saying it in jest. I always thought of the records as being sacred. No one beats the Maris record for 37 years and then McGwiroid beats it by 9 along with Sosaoid beats it by 5, then three years later Baroid, the humongous headed one beats it by 12.

As far as I'm concerned Maris still holds the record for most HR's in a season and Hammerin Hank is the true HR King.

...Rick
    Agreed,and a list doesn't really matter just think of all the players who found ways of doping without going through the guys who would have a record of it.I still say 75 % of players were doping at one point.
    All my teams stink.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast