Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See babyblueboy's Items on eBay

Prime Base set complete!!! What to next??? Suggestions welcome

Hello everyone,

I finally completed my prime base set /249 and it's time to move onto my next project. Haven't decided if I want to do another set or if I want to switch over to player collecting. Would like an insert set or a low end GU or auto set where the price isn't very high.

So far I am leaning toward Limited Board Members /199

If I'm going to player collecting route I've narrowed it down to 1 of these 3:

Marcus Kruger
    Brandon Saad
    Andrew Shaw

Kruger is the cheapest of the 3 and I love watching him play. Saad is probably the best player of the 3 while Shaw's cards seems to be the most expensive of the 3, although he has by far the fewest cards.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. If you have set suggestions, player suggestions (I'm obviously a Blackhawks fan), or whatever, would love to hear what you guys and gals think

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Basically up to personal taste, so pick a set that looks cool to you! One low end set that I think looks high end but go for around 3$/card is 10/11 Zenith Chasing The Cup...Nice photography with the Cup in the background. 20 card set, would be good for getting autos as well!

as for which Hawk, maybe go with your favorite regardless who is most popular or talented.
    cheers
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the input!! That's why I picked board members, awesome looking set!! Also like the Goalie Pulls set from this year's certified, thinking about doing that.

As for players, my favorite Hawks player is Jonathan Toews, and that would be too much money to collect. I like both Kruger and Saad equally, I think both have bright futures with the Hawks, so that's why the dilemma on those 2. I might just end up doing them both and just do low-end stuff for now

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

It looks like I sold you a MA Fleury Base for the Prime Set on the 'bay. Hopefully it helped finish your set quickly!

I'd collect Kruger. Probably not a huge following and he has a to of cards in 11/12 to chase. Saad is expensive because he projects as a top line scoring forward.

Also, I'd recommend trying an auto insert set as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the input!! The MAF was one of my final 5, I gave in and just went to ebay for those haha!! What I think I've decided is to start with Saad, Kruger, and Nick Leddy picking up lower end stuff, and then decide which one I want to choose to go after the higher end