Manny Ramirez In Talks With Taiwanese Team

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...nese-team.html

Manny Ramirez, who ranks 14th on MLB's all-time home run list, could resume his playing career in Taiwan. The 40-year-old slugger is in talks to play for the EDA Rhinos of the Taiwanese professional league, Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports reports (on Twitter).

Ramirez recently played in the Dominican Winter League and wants to continue his MLB career, agent Barry Praver told Morosi last month. However, MLB teams such as the Indians didn't appear to have interest in Ramirez this offseason.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I'm guessing a bluff by his agent....he's gotta be dying to get back in the MLB. The Indians can reallly use a DH too so it seems like a good fit at first glance. But if Francona doesn't think he's a good fit than I can live with that....he of all people would know.

Quote Originally Posted by tkraft24 View Post
    I'm guessing a bluff by his agent....he's gotta be dying to get back in the MLB. The Indians can reallly use a DH too so it seems like a good fit at first glance. But if Francona doesn't think he's a good fit than I can live with that....he of all people would know.
    The problem with Manny being a designated hitter is that he can't hit anymore. The A's didn't even bring him up from the minors and they had a weak offense. If you can't hit in the minors and can't hit your way up to the A's how can you make it in the bigs?

I don't think Manny really wants to play anywhere but MLB, otherwise he could have played in one of the other winter leagues when MLB wouldn't let him play in the Dominican. I doubt there are any MLB agreements with the young leagues in Colombia, Nicaragua or Panama. I think he just misses all the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
    I think he just misses all the attention.
    Has to be since he isn't short on money so there really isn't a monetary reason for him to come back and play like it would for somebody like Allen Iverson in basketball. I honestly don't get why any team would want Manny Ramirez or even take a chance on him when they totally ignored Bonds who was also a roider but at least he could still hit unlike Manny now.