Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Report: Felix Hernandez signs 7 year $175 million deal with Mariners

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/89...cording-report

Felix Hernandez has agreed to a new seven-year, $175 million contract with the Seattle Mariners, USA Today Sports reported Thursday.

The deal would make Hernandez the highest-paid pitcher in baseball history.

Hernandez, 26, was scheduled to make $19.5 million this season and $20 million in 2014. The new contract will start this season, according to USA Today Sports, and pay the three-time All-Star an annual average salary of $25 million.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Big time pay for a big time star. It's just too bad that his W-L ratio will be hurt. Playing in Seattle is also going to kill his chances at winning a championship. Still, his numbers are going to be scary by the end of his career.

Good for him. Hopefully they can get some offense for him. I believe they have the #2 farm system, so it will only be a matter of time.

I'm happy to see King Felix get paid. He's a great player, and it speaks volumes that he decided to stay in Seattle instead of testing free agency where he might have gotten more, or joined a better team. Much respect for him as a man. Good to see that there are some athletes that will remain loyal to their franchise.

Seattle is putting it together. I know that prospects aren't ever guaranteed success, even the top ranked ones. But a rotation of Felix Hernandez (who is only going to be 27), Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen and James Paxton should scare the piss out of every team in the American League. When Mike Zunio comes up next year, make him the full time catcher. Put Montero at DH, and with Nick Franklin and Dustin Ackley at shortstop and second, the Mariners will have one of the best young teams in the majors.

The Mariners are just loaded. Look out. They're not going to be a 4th place team much longer, even in the AL West.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

With these big contracts that Hernandez and Greinke have gotten, what's Clayton Kershaw going to demand after this year??

$200 million??

Luckly the new Dodger ownership has some deep, DEEP pockets...
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

The Mariners were basically forced to sign him for whatever he wanted. If he left you might as well have folded the team.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    He has earned it I will say and tells alot about him not testing free agency and sticking with Seattle.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ledd Raubstur View Post
    With these big contracts that Hernandez and Greinke have gotten, what's Clayton Kershaw going to demand after this year??

$200 million??

Luckly the new Dodger ownership has some deep, DEEP pockets...
    Not sure what the amount will be but whatever it is they better give it to him. He will be worth every penny. Only consistent pitcher we have, hopefully Greinke will be the second. Now if our $200 million dollar lineup can just score some runs for them.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Kemp and Ethier will score runs I believe this yr with Kemp being healthy again.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Happy to see Felix stay in Seattle and get paid.
    Collecting Mike Trout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast