Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Country

Im not mad at anyone but these teams keep signing players and not thinking the future through. Thomas was a tool for doing what he did and I think there should be a rule where a player doing such doesnt count against the cap but as of now there isnt and the Bruins should have to deal with their bad decision.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Bruins did deal with their bad situation. They traded it to New York.

Quite honestly, if the NHL thinks it can survive as a 26+ team league, with a Salary Cap floor - they have to start allowing more deals like this, front loaded contracts, or "loopholes" to get around things. There's a third of the league bleeding money becuase the floor is too high for them. Let the rich teams (like Boston, Toronto, Philly, New York, etc) absorb a bigger chunck of the player costs, and let the lower revenue teams, like the Islanders, find ways around paying.

Im not mad at anyone but these teams keep signing players and not thinking the future through. Thomas was a tool for doing what he did and I think there should be a rule where a player doing such doesnt count against the cap but as of now there isnt and the Bruins should have to deal with their bad decision.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

I hope when the Isles move to Brooklyn that they stop becoming such a joke of an organization. This move is clearly designed to trade away some actual salary at a later date. From things like this to keeping Nino on the pro team all last season for his bonus-laden cap hit to given veterans unattainable bonuses in their contract for the cap hit to acquiring Visnovsky in the first place because his cap hit was much higher than his actual salary.

That team can't be sold soon enough.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

It would not surprise me in the least if Thomas reports to play for the final game of the season so that Boston picks up that 2nd rd pick, then goes UFA and re-signs in Boston.

Doesn't say the Islanders have to play him, just that he has to report and (i would assume) do so in playing condition.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

It would not surprise me in the least if Thomas reports to play for the final game of the season so that Boston picks up that 2nd rd pick, then goes UFA and re-signs in Boston.

Doesn't say the Islanders have to play him, just that he has to report and (i would assume) do so in playing condition.

If he reports, he would have to pass a physical. The Islanders could fail him for reason x and thus not lose the pick.
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12