Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Tim Thomas Traded To The New York Islanders

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is this going to cut into DiPietro's playing time? lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

gonna miss him in boston.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Is he still shoveling snow instead of playing? Does he have to report this year? I didn't read the article.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

The trade is Tim Thomas for a conditional 2nd round pick. If Thomas reports, Boston gets the pick. Its not a bad move to eat cap space for the Isles.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Cap room for Bruins to sign....Iginla? Kinda sad Thomas flaked out on the Bruin's though,he was a game stealer and spectacular in the Cup winning play-off run.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Best goalie move the Islanders have made in a long time. That's the sad part.

BANNED

Country

Just another cap loophole. Good thing we had a 3 month lockout to prevent these kind of things

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

It is a CAP room thing, but the Isles were already over the cap floor, so without drinking too much of Garth Snows kool aid, it might be a move to unload Visnovsky and/or Streit contracts before the trade deadline and still be above the cap floor. Also for us loyal fans a chance to finally unload the DP contract without having to sign some 4th liner on a contract for 4-5 million.

Right now for me it sure looks like CAP munipulation, and I challenge Snow to prove me wrong with a deal in the near future.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Just another cap loophole. Good thing we had a 3 month lockout to prevent these kind of things

This is a case of one player acting like a tool and two teams using that to benefit. This isn't front loaded contracts. I don't see this becoming a normal thing. If you wanna be mad at anyone, be mad at Thomas for not reporting to the Isles (heard on TSN)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast