Why does a base basic Bowman Tom Brady Rookie go for so much?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Bowman-...p2047675.l2557

$36 weren't these not mass produced.

He's probably the most popular current player in football and he probably has less rookies available than other guys from that year since he was a very late pick and most companies overlooked him for their products.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    He's probably the most popular current player in football and he probably has less rookies available than other guys from that year since he was a very late pick and most companies overlooked him for their products.
    ok but overall a base rookie is a base rookie and it seems all other base rookies go for $10 or less.

That does seem a little high though for the Regular Bowman. Chrome usually goes for around 50 give or take.
    Hidden Content

Urlacher card count - 163

I know he's not in a bunch of the sets of 2000, topps chrome, topps, finest. Its one of the reasons. So yes the sets he is in he might be massed produced but he doesn't have a base rookie card in every set like most of the "greats" who are around do.
    my bucket (always being updated): Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 2823 Total - 735 Rookies - 168 Serial #ed - 88 Game Used - 141 Autos

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollectorman View Post
    ok but overall a base rookie is a base rookie and it seems all other base rookies go for $10 or less.
    Just in case your still not fully understanding what most are saying, yes it is a mass produced base card. BUT, he was in only limited products. Take Peyton which had regular base rcs in LOTS of different mass produced products. So if you were to go through all the basic products that had a base rc for Manning you would literally end up with him having millions of regular base rcs. Brady o the other hand was only in a few products and while they may be mass produced it doesn't leave nearly as many of the regular, plain, generic base rookies of him flooding the market.

SO yes it is just a base rookie, but this is a case of supply and demand and the supply not being equal to the "normal" base rookies you are referring to and the demand being equal to or greater than that of the "normal" base rookies you are referring to.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    I will NOT send paypal as a gift!!! I'd rather spend a few extra dollars to protect myself, than leave myself open to be scammed with NO recourse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JFBanicki View Post
    Just in case your still not fully understanding what most are saying, yes it is a mass produced base card. BUT, he was in only limited products. Take Peyton which had regular base rcs in LOTS of different mass produced products. So if you were to go through all the basic products that had a base rc for Manning you would literally end up with him having millions of regular base rcs. Brady o the other hand was only in a few products and while they may be mass produced it doesn't leave nearly as many of the regular, plain, generic base rookies of him flooding the market.

SO yes it is just a base rookie, but this is a case of supply and demand and the supply not being equal to the "normal" base rookies you are referring to and the demand being equal to or greater than that of the "normal" base rookies you are referring to.

Very well said
    "Pavlov was this scientist guy, you know, and every time this dog would ring a bell, Pavlov would eat."

I actually get his point. Why doesn't Bowman go for the price other base cards from the other companies go for? I don't know why either (maybe a better brand in Bowman) but here is a buy it now that sold for $60 and $50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Bowman-...item1c236e2f9c

That seems like way too much. I mean what were they going for when he won the Super Bowl?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Brady prices haven't dropped that much since he won his last Super Bowl. The SPA RC was going for around $800-$900 right after they won their last SB, the SPA is selling right now for around $750-$800 and a BGS 9 sells for $900-$1000. So they are pretty much going for the same amount.

Another thing to consider about Brady base RCs is that he was a 6th round pick so not many people expected him to do well. Many of his base RCs were trashed, not taken care of, tossed in junk boxes where they still sit because they were forgotten about, were given to kids to play with, etc. So even though they were mass produced there isn't a massive amount of them available. Take a look at completed auctions...just 19 in the last 7 days. If they were that easy to find then you would think there would be more than just 2-3 listed on eBay per day.

More evidence that quality copies of the Bowman RC are not that easy to find...even though they are mass produced only 930 have been graded by Beckett and only 242 were graded a 9.5 or 10. People are willing to pay a premium for a Bowman base RC of him in hopes of finding that rare one that will grade out at 9.5 or 10.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."