Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think Luongo won the gold last time, if he keeps playing the way he does I think he should be considered, ...you need to be an elite goalie to get your team to game 7 of the finals, and just because his team lost game 7 suddenly he stinks? Obviously the Canuck's are realizing, no he doesn't. His experience would be an asset under pressure. I like the idea of Julien as coach, Seguin plays great on the bigger ice and is good on shootouts which needs to be considered. I doubt this would ever happen, but considering how lethal the Tampa power-play is, I would seriously consider Lecavalier for the 13 forward.
    Don't know about Crosby and Giroux together, seems really weird, to me they are so similar, both left hand shots but who knows, maybe it would work....could see Crosby with Eberle on the right wing, Giroux with Seguin on his right, so many possibilities.

You sure it's the Canucks and not the rest of the league? Vancouver's attitude towards Luongo cooled after a few seasons, but it never got as bad as the TSNs of the world constantly reported. Yes, there are many Canucks fans who don't like him, fell out of love, whatever, but show me a team where every fan loves the goalie 100%, especially if that team has a guy like Schneider in the wings.

So no, the Canucks knew it all along. It's the reporters who loved to say all Canucks fans hated their goalie who are now realizing they lynched the guy with no reason.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

[QUOTE=Wickabee;12490013]You sure it's the Canucks and not the rest of the league? Vancouver's attitude towards Luongo cooled after a few seasons, but it never got as bad as the TSNs of the world constantly reported. Yes, there are many Canucks fans who don't like him, fell out of love, whatever, but show me a team where every fan loves the goalie 100%, especially if that team has a guy like Schneider in the wings.

So no, the Canucks knew it all along. It's the reporters who loved to say all Canucks fans hated their goalie who are now realizing they lynched the guy with no reason.[/QUO

If they new it all along, why anoint Schneider # 1 going into this season, and create a mess by giving him a pretty big contract? If they can carry both contracts, no worries I guess, but they seem to need a bit more depth to contend again, which cost $$$...just say'n.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I'm looking forward to David Clarkson running some Euros through the boards. He, he.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just reading the goalies made me not want to read anymore.

Canada goes with experience and the "been there before" attitude.

Luongo was the starter last time, and he won the gold. IMO hes a lock for the #1 position unless he plays himself out of it. I can almost garuntee that he will be the starter for game 1.

Fleury is an obvious choice too. They brought him to the games in Vancouver so he would get the experience of being there, knowing he would be there in 2014.

The 3rd goalie spot might be up for grabs, but if Price continues his play, then IMO he will be there as well.
    Last edited by canucksfan007; 02-13-2013 at 03:07 AM.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm looking forward to David Clarkson running some Euros through the boards. He, he.

Canada learned from their mistake in Nagano I believe. They will not bring roll players like David Clarkson. The will put the most talented team they can out there, and tell those talented 1st line players to be the 3rd and 4th liners, to play out of their comfort zone for their country

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Clarkson scored 30 goals last year, and is in 3rd place this year with 9 goals. He is the best Power Forward in the league over the last year, You should try thinking out side of Vancouver
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-13-2013 at 11:17 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(20)
    Country
    See mojobreaks's Items on eBay

Hey, we have Lucic who can fill that role.. He's from Vancouver too

We also have Jamie Benn, who's better offensively, physical and can skate and hit like a bull... And he's also from Vancouver/Victoria

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If they new it all along, why anoint Schneider # 1 going into this season, and create a mess by giving him a pretty big contract? If they can carry both contracts, no worries I guess, but they seem to need a bit more depth to contend again, which cost $$$...just say'n.

Well if you consider twop top flight goalies to be a mess, then I see your point.
    Luongo didn't totally lose his number 1 spot, he's sharing it now. Truth be told, I think both are available and the ultimate plan is to trade Schneider, which is what it was in the first place. Schneider has a nice contract and can provide good return. As for carrying both contracts, I don't get why everyone's on about that when the Canucks are overspending on their defense worse than anywhere.
    My prediction is, unless the phone rings and Gill is gets an offer he can't say no to, both guys are staying until the summer. They're fine cap wise for this season, so there's no rush to do anything. The other players, coaches, management and fans are loving having two starter quality goalies. Plus we've got Lack waiting in Chicago for his shot. For the first time...ever goaltending is not a problem in Vancouver. If anything it's our greatest strength.

But you guys keep thinking there's a goaltender controversy out west. It takes the focus off everyone else. Luongo is in a place where he's just having fun with it now and Schneider has proven it doesn't phase him a bit. Keep the media focussed on them so no one else on the team has to deal with them. It's really working out for us!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12