Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Black family claims Disney’s White Rabbit character refused to touch their kids

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...--finance.html

Could an actor playing the White Rabbit be racist?

Disneyland is being sued by Jason and Annelia Black, who say their African-American children were treated differently than white kids who approached the “Alice in Wonderland” character for hugs and pictures at the Anaheim, Calif., amusement park.

According to Fox5SanDiego.com, 6-year-old Jason Black Jr. approached his favorite character at the park, but was rebuffed. Jason told the station, “I went to hug him, but he turned his back. It’s made me feel sad because I wanted to really hug him.”

Older brother Elijah reportedly then tried to hold the rabbit’s hand, but was pushed away. At first, Jason Black Sr. thought perhaps a new “no touch” policy had been implemented in the park, until he observed the same character hugging the white children who approached him around the same time.

Black told local news station CBS2 Los Angeles that the White Rabbit had behaved warmly with the white children: “The rabbit ... hugged them, kissed them, posed with them and took pictures. Meanwhile, that made my kids feel horrible."

The family immediately complained to the park and were offered VIP passes, which they reportedly refused. CBS2 also reports that the family was offered $500 to sign a confidentiality agreement, which they declined to do. Instead, the Blacks are asking Disney for a public apology and to fire the actor portraying the White Rabbit.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The jokes on this almost write themselves.
    In seriousness, did anyone see the guy in the suit? Or are we assuming he's racist because his costume is white?

SCF Rewards
    Country

hahahahahaha.....I'm sorry, I have to laugh, it's too comical.

OK, time to get serious.

The fact that the park offered them ANYTHING is a good sign for the family to go ahead and sue.

I can see this eventually ending up in a settlement....Disney will probably have to pay thousands of dollars for this nonsense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so we have the Black family who are black, and the White Rabbit who is white, that's weird enough for me

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

No way of knowing what race the guy or girl in the rabbit suit was but I would bet any card that I own that he/she is a republican.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Wonder if this could be a case of somebody taking advantage? I mean when a dummy burns him or her self on a cup of coffee at McDonalds and sues and wins that tells me something.Big corporations don't like scandals.I might be wrong but......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

UGH... seems way over the top and a simple cash grab for them to file a lawsuit. The park offered to make it right but they seem to think they are owed something more. On the scale of terrible things that could have happened to them this really isn't that high in my opinion.

I wonder if the kids were acting rude or cutting or something. It would be interesting to see if anything caused him to ignore them. I guess it's possible the person is racists but that would be a hard job to do if you refused to interact with children of minorities or just blacks. Think about all of the different races of people go through the park on a regular basis.

I hope this gets tossed out.