Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Good no call nfl Vice President of officiating .. Sorry 49ers now you can't cry

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...itterfeed&qr=1
    On fourth-and-goal from the Ravens' 5-yard line with 1:50 to play and Baltimore ahead 34-29, Crabtree ran a fade route to the right corner of the end zone. San Francisco coach Jim Harbaughargued for a holding call on Smith, who had his hands on Crabtree during the play.
    Blandino said the officials got the call right. "When you watch it at full speed, to me, it was a good non-call," he said. "I think the first thing you have to understand is that once the ball is in the air, you can't have defensive holding or illegal contact. Now you have to see if the contact raised to the level of pass interference."
    No flag was thrown, and the Ravens took over at their 5. They won, 34-31, after taking an intentional safety.
    "With pass interference, you have to materially affect the receiver's ability to catch the pass," Blandino said. "Yes, there's hand-fighting, but Crabtree also has his hand on [Smith's] helmet. The pass was catchable, but the contact did not materially restrict Crabtree's ability to catch the pass. He was jockeying for position and using his hands as well."
    Last edited by rickysigai; 02-08-2013 at 10:43 PM.
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

I saw it the same way. When I watched the replay I saw Crabtree doing as much "interfering" as the DB.

With tht said, this is the first I have heard of this. Are 49ers fans crying over that one call? They should be crying over their defense allowing the Ravens to build a 21-6 lead in the first half and giving up a 108 kick return to start the second half. Blaming the loss on a single potentially bad call when you allowed 34 points is just silly.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (19)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Oh man there doing more than crying. Jim Harbaugh still hasn't even spoken to John yet.
    Hidden Content
    -BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR JULY 2006 ISSUE#196+NOV 2008 ISSUE #220 i collect Ed Reed,Ravens,Baltimore Colts+ nice stuff
    Hidden Content

Now that is funny.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I saw it the same way. When I watched the replay I saw Crabtree doing as much "interfering" as the DB.

With tht said, this is the first I have heard of this. Are 49ers fans crying over that one call? They should be crying over their defense allowing the Ravens to build a 21-6 lead in the first half and giving up a 108 kick return to start the second half. Blaming the loss on a single potentially bad call when you allowed 34 points is just silly.
    He was absolutely held. You should watch again. He was impeaded from getting to the spot and was fighting to break free. That aside, there was not great officiating all night. Bruce Miller was held for 30 yards on that kickoff. Guess where his spot was? Right where Jacoby ran through. True, they should not have let them have that lead, but those calls were terrible especially for a super bowl crew.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

I actually watched the replay about 5 times. Between backing it up on my DVR and them showing the replay over and over I saw it plenty. I didn't see him being held. I saw both of them bumping into each other which goes on all the time and I saw Crabtree step on the backs of the DBs feet and cause him to fall down. I never saw the DB reach out and hold back Crabtree. If the DB was in front of Crabtree and Crabtree ran into his back, that isn't pass interference. DBs have the right to establish a position.

For the record, I was rooting for the 49ers (I am a Steelers fan so I was naturally against the Ravens). I don't see it this way because I wanted the Ravens to win. I looked at it objectively and didn't see where Crabtree was held.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I actually watched the replay about 5 times. Between backing it up on my DVR and them showing the replay over and over I saw it plenty. I didn't see him being held. I saw both of them bumping into each other which goes on all the time and I saw Crabtree step on the backs of the DBs feet and cause him to fall down. I never saw the DB reach out and hold back Crabtree. If the DB was in front of Crabtree and Crabtree ran into his back, that isn't pass interference. DBs have the right to establish a position.

For the record, I was rooting for the 49ers (I am a Steelers fan so I was naturally against the Ravens). I don't see it this way because I wanted the Ravens to win. I looked at it objectively and didn't see where Crabtree was held.
    The DB had both hands grabbing crabtrees jersey in the front as he was trying to run to the spot. I blame THe Niners more then this call as the playcalling sucked. But you have to call the game. There were 3 game changing no calls in that game. I figured you were rooting for the niners being a steeler fan so no implication there. It was pretty obvious he was held. I just don't like the "we can't have a penalty decide the game" garbage. It was said the Raven's said they won't call anything and locked up. There was a hold on the other side as well. If it's a hold, call it. That's my gripe. If ed reed is offsides, call it. It was not a well called game. They "let them play" I guess.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...goal-line-flop http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...h-and-ballgame
    Last edited by sanfran22; 02-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Hidden Content

i thought it was a holding issue which is what jim harbaugh was yelling about. he was saying it was a holding call. not pass interferance. look at the play again. when the ball came out the ravens defender hald crabtrees jersey and was pulling on it. he grabbed and held him back. THATS what harbaugh was yelling about. NOT pass interferance.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Should've been DPI on the guy covering Delanie Walker on the same play, people just choose to ignore that part.

Just saying.....
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Should've been DPI on the guy covering Delanie Walker on the same play, people just choose to ignore that part.

Just saying.....
    I agree, saw that as well couldn't remember who it was though...
    Last edited by sanfran22; 02-11-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast