Type of silver for a jersey

Hey guys,

Tonight I met my favorite lacrosse player and I have a game worn jersey of his, I tried to get signed, but the Silver "sharpie" brand paint pen, like this:

But it wouldn't show up on the Jersey. I shook it, too, for a good 5 or so minutes. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions for a type of brand/type to get that will show up on the dark blue number nice and bold and standout-ish? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Here is more info on the incident: http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...1#post12484281

Thanks again.
    2013 autograph counts:
    TTM: 7
    IP: 368
    Total: 375
    Goal: 300

Either the Deco Color paint pens (if you want a paint pen) or the SRX Metallics if you don't.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Packers, Buckeyes, Indians, Blue Jackets, Anthony Schlegel, and Nikita Nikitin
    R.I.P Stefanie Spielman, Dante Lavelli, Bob Feller, Jack Tatum

Alright, thanks! Do they have the Deco paint pens at target? Or somewhere like that?
    2013 autograph counts:

Deco Color. Get them at Michaels or AC Moore. Stay away from all sharpie brand products except blacks and blues.
    Check out my trade list:
    Hidden Content
    Help me build my through the mail auto collection by visiting my success thread & bucket- over 50 in all:
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I have used that same exact Sharpie paint pen and it has worked fine.....any chance you did not depress the tip to get the paint flowing first?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanpmeyer View Post
    I have used that same exact Sharpie paint pen and it has worked fine.....any chance you did not depress the tip to get the paint flowing first?
    No, I did. I've used it on some 8X10s earlier in the year and it worked fine. I shook it up very well, too. It's been awful the last two times I used it.
    2013 autograph counts:

Quote Originally Posted by cyberer View Post
    Deco Color. Get them at Michaels or AC Moore. Stay away from all sharpie brand products except blacks and blues.
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
    2013 autograph counts: