Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 10-11 Donruss error

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

10-11 Donruss error

I was looking at my Nino Niederreiter PC and realized something. The photo is of David Ullstrom, not Nino. This might make it the first RC of Ullstrom and possibly a pc keeper:

This is what Nino looks like Panini, for your information:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

I have to admit that comparing stock photos from one guy to another... I can't tell them apart with helmets on:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CI0BEPwdMA4
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CIYBEPwdMAo

but I can see that Ullstrom has blue eyes while Niederreiter has brown. I can't tell from your photo, but does the guy in the Donruss photo have blue eyes?

Cheers,
    reoddai

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

To me if I look at the face it seem more like the same person. The helmet is different but not uncommon for rookie to sign a new deal with a different company so that could explain the diffference there. But looking at the image reodai posted to me they look to be the same person on both cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have to admit that comparing stock photos from one guy to another... I can't tell them apart with helmets on:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CI0BEPwdMA4
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CIYBEPwdMAo

but I can see that Ullstrom has blue eyes while Niederreiter has brown. I can't tell from your photo, but does the guy in the Donruss photo have blue eyes?

Cheers,
    reoddai

I have a huge Ullstrom pc which is why I noticed this. The first thing that stuck out was the helmet since Nino has never used Rbk with the isles. The second thing is the chinstrap length and tightness. ullstrom seems to have a smaller head based on the photo. Being and islanders can and watching way too many games of theirs makes this easier for me to spot.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'll admit that I'm no expert here.... and If you say that it is in fact Ullstrom, I very much think you could be correct.

The helmet thing - I would suggest another explaination. Rookie Photoshoot. May have just been given equipment to use?

Only other thing I would ask, if it was Ulstrom.... where would the photo have come from? It was in a 2010-11 set, and Ulstrom never played a game for the Islanders until 2011-12. Did he play during the 2010-11 Preseason?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll admit that I'm no expert here.... and If you say that it is in fact Ullstrom, I very much think you could be correct.

The helmet thing - I would suggest another explaination. Rookie Photoshoot. May have just been given equipment to use?

2010 Rookie Camp. Post-draft, right after Nino was drafted.