Grading your ttm

At what point do you guys get your ttm graded,

a better question is which players?

2. Wata Photo
    I would think you would want the auto fro ttm authenticated first
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Yes, but which ones, if you get an ave of 10-20 a month, particularly players that won't be remembered for all time, how do you decide whose auto to invest the grading in?

Correct me if I'm wrong. The cheapest authentication is $20 and the cheapest grading is $20. So that's $40 plus the cost to ship it there and then to ship it back. If you have no plans on selling a particular graph I don't understand why you would get it authenticated and graded. Plus any graph that is worth selling would probably have a higher price for authentication and grading.

...Rick
    Hidden Content
    Bucket PC & Trade Items: Hidden Content
    PC In-Person (IP) Auto Memorabilia Collection: Hidden Content
    PC HOF Game-Used Collection: Hidden Content

I will answer this really quick! I have a nice size collection that even has many HOF players who have passed. My colletion is for me and not for sell. Why spend cash that I could spend making my collection better to have someone else who may have less time in autographs than I do tell me if my item is good or bad?
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Teams View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. The cheapest authentication is $20 and the cheapest grading is $20. So that's $40 plus the cost to ship it there and then to ship it back. If you have no plans on selling a particular graph I don't understand why you would get it authenticated and graded. Plus any graph that is worth selling would probably have a higher price for authentication and grading.

...Rick

Quote Originally Posted by indyreds View Post
    I will answer this really quick! I have a nice size collection that even has many HOF players who have passed. My colletion is for me and not for sell. Why spend cash that I could spend making my collection better to have someone else who may have less time in autographs than I do tell me if my item is good or bad?

both great points. I have never even considered authenticating any of my TTM's for the simple fact of the $$$ involved. Plus the point that was made of such mediocre stars returning there mail, just isnt worth it. I great bench mark to go off of would be Ebay. If you get say a TTM from HOFer Dan Fouts, If his certified autos are selling for under $20 then to spend the money to get a TTM from him certified just isnt worth it in my eyes. The TTM aspect of the hobby is just that, a Hobby & really isnt any money to be made at it i feel.

I haven't gotten an TTM certified but I know that I might get never will. I don't see the point in doing so even if you are going to sell it, it would cost more to get it certified than to make a profit. Although I have seen some collectors on Blowout get their TTM PSA/DNA they don't sell. I have seen Peyton Manning PSA/DNA because everyone was having the argument of fake or not. Getting it certified won't help you make a bigger profit unless it is Lebron James or Kobe's autograph but if you are wondering if your TTM is real, go for it but it can be expensive.

Never have, never will....
    Hidden Content

Buying Quincy Carter GUs and Autos
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content