Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Grading your ttm

SCF Rewards
    Country

Grading your ttm

At what point do you guys get your ttm graded,

a better question is which players?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I would think you would want the auto fro ttm authenticated first

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, but which ones, if you get an ave of 10-20 a month, particularly players that won't be remembered for all time, how do you decide whose auto to invest the grading in?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Correct me if I'm wrong. The cheapest authentication is $20 and the cheapest grading is $20. So that's $40 plus the cost to ship it there and then to ship it back. If you have no plans on selling a particular graph I don't understand why you would get it authenticated and graded. Plus any graph that is worth selling would probably have a higher price for authentication and grading.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I will answer this really quick! I have a nice size collection that even has many HOF players who have passed. My colletion is for me and not for sell. Why spend cash that I could spend making my collection better to have someone else who may have less time in autographs than I do tell me if my item is good or bad?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Correct me if I'm wrong. The cheapest authentication is $20 and the cheapest grading is $20. So that's $40 plus the cost to ship it there and then to ship it back. If you have no plans on selling a particular graph I don't understand why you would get it authenticated and graded. Plus any graph that is worth selling would probably have a higher price for authentication and grading.

...Rick

I will answer this really quick! I have a nice size collection that even has many HOF players who have passed. My colletion is for me and not for sell. Why spend cash that I could spend making my collection better to have someone else who may have less time in autographs than I do tell me if my item is good or bad?

both great points. I have never even considered authenticating any of my TTM's for the simple fact of the $$$ involved. Plus the point that was made of such mediocre stars returning there mail, just isnt worth it. I great bench mark to go off of would be Ebay. If you get say a TTM from HOFer Dan Fouts, If his certified autos are selling for under $20 then to spend the money to get a TTM from him certified just isnt worth it in my eyes. The TTM aspect of the hobby is just that, a Hobby & really isnt any money to be made at it i feel.

BANNED

Country

I haven't gotten an TTM certified but I know that I might get never will. I don't see the point in doing so even if you are going to sell it, it would cost more to get it certified than to make a profit. Although I have seen some collectors on Blowout get their TTM PSA/DNA they don't sell. I have seen Peyton Manning PSA/DNA because everyone was having the argument of fake or not. Getting it certified won't help you make a bigger profit unless it is Lebron James or Kobe's autograph but if you are wondering if your TTM is real, go for it but it can be expensive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Never have, never will....