Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Age too young on SCF? Ugh...

Dunno if anyone else has problems with young members but most recent was within last few days made a deal which included me sending a titanium RNH auto and titanium triple jersey with nuge on it for bobby Orr artifacts. We make the deal, I let two other ppl on SCF know it's gone and another two in person that were interested. Tells me to post the deal then two days later rejects and says "my dad wouldn't let me"......

People take this stuff professionally and just seems like maybe the age here is too young? I dunno, what's your guys thoughts

SCF Rewards
    Country

Was the account new? I stopped dealing with rookies its to bad but they seem to be more trouble then anything else. It has become a problem even at local LCS. They will not sell or buy from anyone under 16 anymore. They actually had a father come in and demand there money back for open packs that there 15 year old bought without permission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I started when I was 8 but I didn't come online until 2008 (I was 22),

And yeah having parents come down demanding money back? Give me a break lol. Don't give your kid money if he has limits on it for what he can buy

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

i don't think i've had any problems with younger traders on here.

BUT
    i think you should be at least 16-18 of age to
    buy and sell.

trade maybe thats ok..

thats just my 2 cents worth..

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Any problems I've had on here have been with Non-Adults.

BANNED

Country

Based on experience, I would say 16 for sure. At least they are somewhat mature.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The problem is that you can't really "know" how old somebody is when they sign up to a site so any age limit is kinda pointless. The one on here is based off of the standard Internet age limit for forums. The real issue is that parents now let their kids go online at younger and younger ages without any supervision. Why somebody aged 6 needs to be on the Internet is beyond me.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Im 16 I joined when I was 13 and have 100% feedback here and on ebay. I just hit 100 feedback on this site yesterday. Without this site I would not be collecting cards today. With that said I dont think there should be an age requirement.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild Minnesota Twins
    See hollywood_42's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

If they're under 10 or 11, I'd stay away. But older than that is ok if they seem serious about collecting. I'm only 17 right now, and I've already gotten nearly 150 positive feedbacks without any problems on a different trading site, and I started trading there when I was just 15. One thing I hate is when people give traders my age a negative stereotype without actually trading with us. There's definetly some people my age out there that don't treat their cards well, but I know multiple other traders my age (myself included) that have met other traders twice or 3 times our age that handle their cards way worse than us. I've run into traders that refuse to deal with me when they find out my age- We got everything set and ready to ship, and suddenly they back out. This was on the other site with my 150 positives and the other guy had only about 20! One of my "favorites" was when a guy said that he was reluctant to trade with me because "I wasn't old enough to enter a legally-binding contract yet", but he decided to trade with me anyway because he "trusted" me. Another example of a guy that has 20 feedbacks compared to my 150. It's just frusterating to have a negative connotation put with your age because of the stupid crap some other teens do

So, I know it's hard to tell just by talking to them online, but my advice would be to try to figure out if they seem like a serious collector or not. I beg you to not refuse to trade with teens just because of their age though- If there's other factors, ok, that's fine, but don't go off of age alone (again, unless their younger than 12 or so)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild Minnesota Twins
    See hollywood_42's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Rock on bro! Love meeting other good teen traders!

Im 16 I joined when I was 13 and have 100% feedback here and on ebay. I just hit 100 feedback on this site yesterday. Without this site I would not be collecting cards today. With that said I dont think there should be an age requirement.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast