Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

No

SCF Rewards
    Country

detroit native here who was very in tune with nhl/chl hockey in the late 80s to present and Lindros garnered so much attention because of his refusal to report to Quebec, his meddling family- how do i still remember Carl? in addition to his unique combination of size and skill. He was a dominant player for 7-8 years and then he floated away...bounced from several teams
    I like Milan Lucic, despite his shortcomings, but Lucic would be lucky to generate a 75-80 pt season surrounded by his stud laden teammates- far short of what Lindros accomplished.

Just like the MLB HOF, the NHL HOF put Cam Neely in the HOF because he was a dynamic stud hockey player that nearly EVERYONE loved for a 6-8 yr span. Injuries, not drug use made him leave the game. His legendary status has lived on as a Bruins front office exce, been in numorous movies, been in music videos (Extreme- "Hole Hearted")- still has a perfect image to this day, his legendary status of an awesome player- THAT is why he is in the HOF.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would say Eric Lindros had years which one could argue he was the most dominant player in the NHL as a complete package. The Legion of Doom line was awesome and I loved watching him play his way to the Stanley Cup against the Wings. As they beat some other team which had marquee players from the Rangers to Pittsburgh. Of course when they reached the Wings they controlled the series and won in 4. I do not think they would have done that if they had not been swept by Devils the previous year so it was a sweet revenge. At his only time to truly shine he wilted and his coach even referred to the Choking.

Don

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Maurice Richard, hands down!
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

Never won a cup never scored 50 goals

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lindros was cool until Scott Stevens knocked the ever living crap out of him....As a Philly native and Flyers fan since living here in 1992... He was never the same after that... Then came further concussions and his God awful old man/agent... Heck of a player but came with a lot of hype surrounding him... Eric Lindros was made in Philly by a guy named John LeClair... at least offensively... As far as the toughest guy to ever wear orange and black... Its a 3 way tie... Dave Schultz is my #1, followed by Dave Brown and Current Assistant coach Craig Berube... As far as best fighter of all time... I'd take Bobby Probert in his heyday or John Ferguson...

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

LOL typical Flyers fan, no one's talking about fighters.

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL typical Flyers fan, no one's talking about fighters.

Read previous posts... Many mentioned toughest as well..

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

This thread needs to close. We've wasted enough time on this journeyman.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

This thread needs to close. We've wasted enough time on this journeyman.

You mean like Datsyuk?

Lindros: GP 760 G 372 PTS 865 +215
    Datsyuk: GP 747 G 248 PTS 736 +216

Datsyuk is almost as good as said journeyman...almost.
    Last edited by mooneyes; 02-21-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast