Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64
  1. #51
    I read them all, but the OP was Lindros the most dominating player. You must do more than fight to dominate a game.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by jsokol1626 View Post
    I read them all, but the OP was Lindros the most dominating player. You must do more than fight to dominate a game.

    Must also master the art of skating with your head up...

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by jsokol1626 View Post
    I read them all, but the OP was Lindros the most dominating player. You must do more than fight to dominate a game.
    I am the original poster. I thought I made it clear in my original post that he did more than fight when I said:
    "He was bigger and stronger that every other player. Guys would line him up and he'd be like a brick wall and they'd go down."
    "He had an unbelievably quick release, was a top-notch passer, and could pick a corner as good as anyone not named Bossy. When he left Philadelphia, I think only Gretzky and Lemieux had higher PPG marks."

  4. #54


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,360
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    He's not a 3rd line bum, but he simply does not belong in the Hall, and neither do Cam Neely, Bernie Federko, Rod Langway or Clark Gillies.

    I am fair to everyone here. It's the Hall Of Fame, not the Hall of Popularity. Guys like Damphouse with 1,200 points, Verbeek over 500 coals, and Housley, the 1st American Defenseman to score over 1,000 points are all by passed because of reduced popularity.

    I have a huge problem with handing over the keys to the Hall to anyone that is not deserving, and Lindros is in that group.

    Housley should have been in the Hall, long before Leetch, and he still isn't.
    So...guys like Sean Avery should be in the HoF? He's not popular, but he is famous.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  5. #55
    For the record I don't think points mean a whole heck of a lot in terms of "HOF" worthy... We need something to quantify a players worth/value etc... Lindros didn't really do much for me as a Captain aside from his Hart Trophy season... Not to mention the Flyers might've had a cup or two had they kept Forsberg (and the rest of the farm they dealt for the rights of Lindros) Instead we settled on getting him (Forsberg) once he was washed up.... Am I blaming Lindros for his concussion issues or his wackjob nut father Carl?! Absolutely not... Do I think in order to be the most dominant player ever you need to learn to skate with your head up...? Um yeah... A huge reason Sid is risking vegetable status if he's not careful too... Can't be the best/most dominant player ever if you are drooling with a blank looking stare on your face from a hospital bed, because you didn't master skating with the puck 101...

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by policeradio556 View Post
    For the record I don't think points mean a whole heck of a lot in terms of "HOF" worthy... We need something to quantify a players worth/value etc... Lindros didn't really do much for me as a Captain aside from his Hart Trophy season... Not to mention the Flyers might've had a cup or two had they kept Forsberg (and the rest of the farm they dealt for the rights of Lindros) Instead we settled on getting him (Forsberg) once he was washed up.... Am I blaming Lindros for his concussion issues or his wackjob nut father Carl?! Absolutely not... Do I think in order to be the most dominant player ever you need to learn to skate with your head up...? Um yeah... A huge reason Sid is risking vegetable status if he's not careful too... Can't be the best/most dominant player ever if you are drooling with a blank looking stare on your face from a hospital bed, because you didn't master skating with the puck 101...


    Neely and Federko have NO POINTS, and NO CUPS.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    Neely and Federko have NO POINTS, and NO CUPS.
    Maybe they should put Marty McSorley into the HOF also... if it wasn't for him protecting Gretzky... Wayne's career would've been cut short LONG BEFORE...

  8. #58

    09232003's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,006
    Country
    Card Cash
    226.20
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mooneyes View Post
    You mean like Datsyuk?

    Lindros: GP 760 G 372 PTS 865 +215
    Datsyuk: GP 747 G 248 PTS 736 +216

    Datsyuk is almost as good as said journeyman...almost.
    big difference between Lindros and Datsyuk is
    Lindros Stanley Cup rings=0
    Datsyuk Stanley Cup rings=2

    also these two players played in differnet times and also were different ttype players
    Hidden Content
    tradepage/photobucket
    Hidden Content

    "I also Trade based on BV, Not SV so dont quote me Ebay Sales"

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by policeradio556 View Post
    Maybe they should put Marty McSorley into the HOF also... if it wasn't for him protecting Gretzky... Wayne's career would've been cut short LONG BEFORE...
    There are people out there who would. I saw people seriously argue that Kris Draper should have been considered since he was a great 3rd/4th line guy for so long. Same with Osgood, although there can at least be an argument there due to his longevity and amount of wins. But I understand people who do and don't want Lindros in the HOF, both have very good cases. The biggest argument against him were his health issues that coupled into his late career production dropoffs. If nothing else, he's at least worthy of debate for it.

  10. #60
    Osgood is in the same boat as Lindros and Mike Vernon.

    They may all some day make it there, but who knows.

    Policeradio: Why would you mention McSorley? That's a joke. The guys I listed all had 300-600 more points than Neely. Can they help if they were surrounded by Bums for half of their careers?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •