Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

I read them all, but the OP was Lindros the most dominating player. You must do more than fight to dominate a game.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

I read them all, but the OP was Lindros the most dominating player. You must do more than fight to dominate a game.

Must also master the art of skating with your head up...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am the original poster. I thought I made it clear in my original post that he did more than fight when I said:
    "He was bigger and stronger that every other player. Guys would line him up and he'd be like a brick wall and they'd go down."
    "He had an unbelievably quick release, was a top-notch passer, and could pick a corner as good as anyone not named Bossy. When he left Philadelphia, I think only Gretzky and Lemieux had higher PPG marks."

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

He's not a 3rd line bum, but he simply does not belong in the Hall, and neither do Cam Neely, Bernie Federko, Rod Langway or Clark Gillies.

I am fair to everyone here. It's the Hall Of Fame, not the Hall of Popularity. Guys like Damphouse with 1,200 points, Verbeek over 500 coals, and Housley, the 1st American Defenseman to score over 1,000 points are all by passed because of reduced popularity.

I have a huge problem with handing over the keys to the Hall to anyone that is not deserving, and Lindros is in that group.

Housley should have been in the Hall, long before Leetch, and he still isn't.

So...guys like Sean Avery should be in the HoF? He's not popular, but he is famous.

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

For the record I don't think points mean a whole heck of a lot in terms of "HOF" worthy... We need something to quantify a players worth/value etc... Lindros didn't really do much for me as a Captain aside from his Hart Trophy season... Not to mention the Flyers might've had a cup or two had they kept Forsberg (and the rest of the farm they dealt for the rights of Lindros) Instead we settled on getting him (Forsberg) once he was washed up.... Am I blaming Lindros for his concussion issues or his wackjob nut father Carl?! Absolutely not... Do I think in order to be the most dominant player ever you need to learn to skate with your head up...? Um yeah... A huge reason Sid is risking vegetable status if he's not careful too... Can't be the best/most dominant player ever if you are drooling with a blank looking stare on your face from a hospital bed, because you didn't master skating with the puck 101...

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

For the record I don't think points mean a whole heck of a lot in terms of "HOF" worthy... We need something to quantify a players worth/value etc... Lindros didn't really do much for me as a Captain aside from his Hart Trophy season... Not to mention the Flyers might've had a cup or two had they kept Forsberg (and the rest of the farm they dealt for the rights of Lindros) Instead we settled on getting him (Forsberg) once he was washed up.... Am I blaming Lindros for his concussion issues or his wackjob nut father Carl?! Absolutely not... Do I think in order to be the most dominant player ever you need to learn to skate with your head up...? Um yeah... A huge reason Sid is risking vegetable status if he's not careful too... Can't be the best/most dominant player ever if you are drooling with a blank looking stare on your face from a hospital bed, because you didn't master skating with the puck 101...

Neely and Federko have NO POINTS, and NO CUPS.

Account Suspended
    Due To Rules Violations

SCF Rewards
    Country

Neely and Federko have NO POINTS, and NO CUPS.

Maybe they should put Marty McSorley into the HOF also... if it wasn't for him protecting Gretzky... Wayne's career would've been cut short LONG BEFORE...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

You mean like Datsyuk?

Lindros: GP 760 G 372 PTS 865 +215
    Datsyuk: GP 747 G 248 PTS 736 +216

Datsyuk is almost as good as said journeyman...almost.

big difference between Lindros and Datsyuk is
    Lindros Stanley Cup rings=0
    Datsyuk Stanley Cup rings=2

also these two players played in differnet times and also were different ttype players

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe they should put Marty McSorley into the HOF also... if it wasn't for him protecting Gretzky... Wayne's career would've been cut short LONG BEFORE...

There are people out there who would. I saw people seriously argue that Kris Draper should have been considered since he was a great 3rd/4th line guy for so long. Same with Osgood, although there can at least be an argument there due to his longevity and amount of wins. But I understand people who do and don't want Lindros in the HOF, both have very good cases. The biggest argument against him were his health issues that coupled into his late career production dropoffs. If nothing else, he's at least worthy of debate for it.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Osgood is in the same boat as Lindros and Mike Vernon.

They may all some day make it there, but who knows.

Policeradio: Why would you mention McSorley? That's a joke. The guys I listed all had 300-600 more points than Neely. Can they help if they were surrounded by Bums for half of their careers?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast