Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

First to 40 wins.........

So why doesn't Tony Parker's name come up in serious MVP discussions? Is it a cosmetic award? Literally the most valuable to the league? Second year that he has really held the Spurs together and you never really hear a serious debate......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

Part of it is that he doesn't have the same stats as a player such as Durant or James. Those are the only two I can see winning it as of now. He also doesn't have the same hype as other big name players. Parker does deserve to be 4th or 5th in my mind if voting ended today.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Part of it is that he doesn't have the same stats as a player such as Durant or James. Those are the only two I can see winning it as of now. He also doesn't have the same hype as other big name players. Parker does deserve to be 4th or 5th in my mind if voting ended today.

I hear ya but stats aren't everything. Besides Stern has tweaked the rules to where stats are pretty easy to come by. Saw a line saying that a record has been set for different players with a triple double this season. We're at the half-way mark. 3Ds used to be a hard feat to accomplish.... Game play has been modified to break records, make headlines and sell greatness which is why they don't impress me as much anymore. Also the reason they are are talking Jordan@50 lol. To manage the game, the team and a complicated system that involves many players puts him in the talk imo. A lot more thinking involved than clear out and let me get by my guy.

That and the fact that no one really will pin down what the MVP encompasses. I can't disagree with the popularity and hype. It is a shame because I think that holds more weight than anything else. They were giving it away 3 weeks into the season
    Last edited by cgb_orl; 02-12-2013 at 11:37 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hear ya but stats aren't everything. Besides Stern has tweaked the rules to where stats are pretty easy to come by. Saw a line saying that a record has been set for different players with a triple double this season. We're at the half-way mark. 3Ds used to be a hard feat to accomplish.... Game play has been modified to break records, make headlines and sell greatness which is why they don't impress me as much anymore. Also the reason they are are talking Jordan@50 lol. To manage the game, the team and a complicated system that involves many players puts him in the talk imo. A lot more thinking involved than clear out and let me get by my guy.

That and the fact that no one really will pin down what the MVP encompasses. I can't disagree with the popularity and hype. It is a shame because I think that holds more weight than anything else. They were giving it away 3 weeks into the season

I agree with a lot of what you said but I don't think the award is decided in the first few weeks of the year. Carmelo was on a tear then and many people thought he was the favorite to win. Now he is maybe 3rd- 5th on most people's list.

i myself don't see anyone besides Durant and James winning it at this point.....they are both playing amazing and helping there teams win. Not saying that other players are not but these two seem to be ahead of everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Country

While Lebron's face is plastered all over sites like ESPN for his play the last few games, no one talks about how Parker has similar stats if you compare their last 6 games.

Parker FG 63% 3pt 67% Points 27.2 Assists 8.8
    James FG 68% 3pt 56% Points 30.5 Assists 5.5

Parker is doing this while playing without Duncan and Ginobili and averaging about 3-4 minutes less per game than James. Sadly though, the Spurs don't sell so you don't hear any of this from the media. Parker may not be the front runner for MVP, but he at least deserves to be mentioned in the discussion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Spurs don't get any love from the NBA or the NBA fans. A shame too since they are one of the few teams to actually play sound basketball now.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honestly I don't expect him to win or be second or even third. A serious mention would at least let me know that the talks have some merit. I do find it odd that he can play at this level with very little talk. Last year was similar in that they rolled off 3 10+ game winning streaks in a 66 game season with guys in and out of the lineup. Throw in a mid-season trade and kept winning. Let Lebron, Durant, Chris Paul or even Lin lol do that. They'd be locks for the award.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wasn't Parker fifth last year in voting? I have a feeling he will be right in the same area again. Maybe 4th?

SCF Rewards
    Country

4th would be fine....3rd even better lol I would just like to see the first place votes hit double digits. When you have a league that's dominated by these super teams (which does make playing easier) and headlines hijacked by players like Lebron, Wade, Durant, Kobe, CP, Griffin etc it should mean something to be the player that can keep a team winning at an amazing clip.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Right now my list is the following.

1. James
    2. Durant
    3. Paul
    4. Melo
    5. Parker.

parker and Melo are interchangeable for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast