Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

List of Spring Training former player staff?

I'm collecting for a set from 2000. I know a decent chunk of those players works in a baseball from office or coaching staff in some way. Anyone have a list of some prime candidate for TTM in spring of former players?

IE I know Mark McGwire is probably better to get during ST and he's the current Dodgers hitting coach.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I got McGwire a couple of years ago when he was hitting coach for the Cardinals. He was a pretty good signer. Some teams have signing events but they are few and far between, at least in Florida. Almost every team used to have an event where you could buy a ticket, go eat, then get autographs of most of the players. Only a couple of teams have events anymore and they are mostly only for spring training season ticket holders.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dave Roberts for the Padres.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Giants:

Will Clark
    JT Snow
    Roberto Kelly
    Mark Gardner

All played in 2000

SCF Rewards
    Country

Matt Williams for the D'Backs
    Glenallen Hill for the Rockies

SCF Rewards
    Country

Robby Thompson for the Mariners
    Brad Ausmus for the Padres (at least he was last year)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

MLB.com has the coaching and front office staff for most teams listed. Pretty easy to pick out your guys that way. How I did my 1987 Topps set for this years ST.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The thing is that there is usually more than what's just on the mlb.com roster. And there's milb coaches also

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Another great time is fall instructional/winter leagues for MiLB staff/players. They usually are at the ST complexes for winter.