Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I use the "large envelope" calculations at the Automated Postal Center to determine a base amount of postage, then I add 30 cents to it (an arbitrary amount) and buy a stamp of that denomination. I don't try to go to the counter and request "large envelope" or anything else, as they will then want to send it as a package. Again, the *only* way I have been able to send these out cheaply is by avoiding the clerks and by also attaching a customs form to anything that is not a PWE.

I do this is as well though i just had a large envelope returned to me as it was deemed a package even though it was under 2 ounces. The most ridiculous part though was it took 7 mailing days to get the pkg returned to me.
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

whoop whoop, just sent out 2 #000 size bubble mailers as large envolopes for only 2.22 each.

Yesterday i went to my post office and calmly asked the lady about shipping those mailers under 2 oz. she said she couldnt do it because it couldnt fit in the smallest mail slot. She told me to try fed-x or UPS.

I didnt go to fed-x or UPS but i did come back and get more information from this site. So this morning i went down there, asked them to send it as a large envelope and they did. Best thing is, there were 3 of them around and i explained everything to them, so all of them are on board on how i want my packages shipped, and when the lady asked if i tried fed-x or UPS i said no, they thanked me for staying with the post office and she gave me a jolly rancher :)

Sometimes a little explanation and a calm attitude go along way.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See howethegreat's Items on eBay

sorry im late to the party but if we're using like stamps.com we cannot ship out large envelopes over 2 oz internationally?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

Finally...I got it today. 1.7 oz bubble mailer #0, had 1 jersey card, 5 or so base cards on either side of the top loader. team bag to keep them together. I took it in, asked for 1st class international large envelope. Said sure...what is in it? I said a letter and some photos in a protective sleeve. She said OK, $2.25. No customs form. Hope it gets to its destination!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Finally...I got it today. 1.7 oz bubble mailer #0, had 1 jersey card, 5 or so base cards on either side of the top loader. team bag to keep them together. I took it in, asked for 1st class international large envelope. Said sure...what is in it? I said a letter and some photos in a protective sleeve. She said OK, $2.25. No customs form. Hope it gets to its destination!

Beauty! Yeah, hopefully the sorting facility won't kick it back to you, but at least you made it past the first hurdle!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See pensfan254858's Items on eBay

After two trips to two different locations that failed (despite talking to the clerks about what has been pointed out numerous times already), I've avoided the PO and clerks altogether since then - I bought a sheet of the new 1.10 international stamps and I've been sending out lower-end cards either in a well protected PWE or in a bubblemailer as a intl large envelope. So far none have come back and all have made it to where they needed to go (both Canada and Europe) with no issues about damage (based on feedback rec). I sent out I believe around 5-6 packages that way, dropped off in different locations around where I live and work.

So I believe that will be my plan going forward (for the lower-end items or items under the weight limit).

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678