OPG Baseball Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Awesome PC mailday!

So, while enjoying a movie with my family today before I have to get ready for work there was a knock on the door. We weren't expecting anyone, & especially not the postman. (We live on the top floor of our apartment building.) My wife answers the door & turns around with this rather large cardboard tube & instantly looks at me to ask me what I bought now? Now, of course I am expecting a package later in the week, but nothing that should arrive in a cylinder package. I immediately look at the return address & it's from the Vanderbilt University Athletic Department. I have written & called them several times each trying to find out information about how I can obtain one of the new baseball schedule posters that feature Michael Yastrzemski. Each time I told them how I would love to get one personally, but the drive from Indiana is just too far for me to make with my current work schedule, especially when I've only gotten 9 days off since the week before Christmas last year. Anyway, I open up the tube with extreme excitement because I know it just has to be one of the posters. Out falls one of the pocket schedules & I see the poster rolled up inside & carefully remove it. As I'm unrolling it I start to notice a signature on it....then another....& another. The entire team signed it for me! I would've never expected them to do this for me, but I am ever so thankful that they did! My perseverance paid off big time! So let's hear it for Baseball America's #2 ranked team in the nation! GO DORES!!!

Thanks so much VU!
    Last edited by yazfan71; 04-06-2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Photo link was broken.
    SuperCollecting 3 generations of Yastrzemski's!
    Hidden Content
    Carl: 549/3385 not including 1/1's (16.2%), Mike: 8/8 (100%), Michael: 9/19 (47.4%)
    Always looking for any memorabilia that I don't have to add to my PC!
    WANTLIST--->Hidden Content

That is awesome! I loved getting auto'd items from colleges, usually just the coach, though. Very cool!
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Very cool and congrats.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Wow, that is way cool! Congrats!
    Joey Votto can run faster, jump higher, dive deeper, stay under longer, come up dryer and whip his weight in wildcats while gettin' kicked every fifteen minutes by a Zebra.

Hidden Content / Hidden Content

OPG Baseball Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCrew06 View Post
    That is awesome! I loved getting auto'd items from colleges, usually just the coach, though. Very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemson2012 View Post
    Very cool and congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin_OK View Post
    Wow, that is way cool! Congrats!
    Thanks everyone! Now all I need to do is find a frame for it, 14 x 36 is a rather odd size.
    SuperCollecting 3 generations of Yastrzemski's!
    Hidden Content
    Carl: 549/3385 not including 1/1's (16.2%), Mike: 8/8 (100%), Michael: 9/19 (47.4%)
    Always looking for any memorabilia that I don't have to add to my PC!
    WANTLIST--->Hidden Content

Very cool that they did that for you. If only the pros were the same
    Collector of:
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Jason Tyner, Jim Thome, sets
    Wild, North Stars, Jason Zucker
    Hidden Content
    Offering a finders fee for the 2013 Prizm Finite Chris Herrmann 1/1!

Thats awsome. Way to go Vandy!

Wow. Awesome gesture!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content
    Current Project: 2013 Golden Age Minis Master Set: 683/750 cards (91.1%)

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware & Justin Cobbs Super Collector

above and beyond! Thats awesome!

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**