Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

12 Trades Out Of 38 - Damaged Cards

Another one today. That's 2 for 2 in the last 2 sales I attempted to buy. I had to cancel the previous sale, as there were more than 2 cards damaged. I try to buy as much as I can from the site to help out members. At least with eBay the people don't sent ruined cards.

This time? Not shipped securely, one of the better cards, and one I wanted, bashed-in corner. I'm out .........

Tired of the nonsense of members sending ill-packaged cards, or cards that are already damaged. I'm tired of filling out Trade Disputes.

What is wrong with people?
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-02-2013 at 02:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See auktions_welpe's Items on eBay

talk about it before you make the trade and let the other person show you bigger scans etc.
    and tell the other person that you are going to dispute if the card comes in a bad condition.

it will result in a lot fewer trades but you will save your nerves.

SCF Rewards
    Country

that sucks
    I started answering the last question, but my keyboard melted after 4 hours of frenzied typing

BANNED

Country

I had one damaged deal in over 2000 transactions. How could you have so many? What is the damage like?

BANNED

Country

talk about it before you make the trade and let the other person show you bigger scans etc.
    and tell the other person that you are going to dispute if the card comes in a bad condition.

it will result in a lot fewer trades but you will save your nerves.

Both cards likely damaged in transit, Top-Loaders and Soft Sleeves not used for a very small lot of Cards. Cards sliding around all over the place inside a team bag between 2 cardboard pieces that were not secured well enough together.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That sucks. In the last 5 years I've done close to 1500 deals between here and eBay. This has only happened to me twice - and both times it was the result of shipping the card in an unsecured PWE, with not so much as a penny sleeve to protect it. Card was litterly wrapped in the eBay reciept.

BANNED

Country

I had one damaged deal in over 2000 transactions. How could you have so many? What is the damage like?

I'v'e only had 1 damaged card on eBay in 3,700 buying transactions. All the trouble I have is from SCF members mostly sending junk, or not having a clue in packaging.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

I'v'e only had 1 damaged card on eBay in 3,700 buying transactions. All the trouble I have is from SCF members mostly sending junk, or not having a clue in packaging.

Sorry to hear your getting damaged stuff.....are people that lazy not to package their stuff s ecurely? I have found quite the opposite in terms of eBay and here though. Most of the cards from eBay have some flaw that wasn't in the scan......I thought it would be better here as we are supposed to have true collectors on the site.....guess not.

BANNED

Country

The sad thing is that 95% of the Trade Disputes I've had to fill out, are with other Canadians like myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See th1ckasabr1ck's Items on eBay

Whenever I'm trading for anything high-end, I've asked about condition 100% of the time. I've only had one issue in 100 trades on here where the card was damaged even though I asked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast