Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marino and Fouts,Barry Sanders a close second
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Rick Mirer...

And on the lighter side: Dan Marino and Barry Sanders. I think back in the summer of 1993 there was a rumor going around that Dan Marino wanted to be traded and the team he wanted to go to was the Los Angeles Raiders. Could you imagine the damage he could have done in the air (and to the records) with that corps of Brown, Gault, Ismail, and Jett?

I'm suprised I'm the only one who suggested Tomlinson.
    Collecting Patrick Peterson

James Lofton

764 catches, 14,004 yards, 18.5 AVG, 80 TD. 8 time Pro Bowler, Hall of Famer.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Also, Eric Dickerson belongs on this list. In fact, I'd probably put Marino and Sanders ahead of him alone.

Between 1983 and 1989, Dickerson had 2,450 carries for 11,226 yards and 82 TD. He didn't play in 7 games during that span. That's 6.56 seasons. He averaged 1,711 yards per 16 games. That's just mind boggling.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

One person who could have been great but was cut down due to a hip was Bo Jackson. He was an absolute monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Black3000gt View Post
    Barry sanders hands down the best rb ever
    I completely disagree. Great running back? Yes. Top five all-time running backs? The case can be made for Sanders. But "hands down the best ever?" Ah, no.

He belongs in the discussion. But Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell and Bo Jackson were every bit as great as Sanders.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

Barry Sanders. It's just a travesty that the Lions wouldn't let him go to another team where he could have had a better chance of winning a title, than forcing him no choice but to retire at an earlier age.
    NOT doing 50/50s nor consignments!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast