Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See game8's Items on eBay

first packs were 88/89 OPC(hull followed me) and box was 90/91 pro set

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

My first packs were Esso cards from the late 80's, and my first box was 2000-01 Black Diamond. I was hoping to get a then highly sought-after Dany Heatley rookie card or a Michael Ryder rookie card.

Sadly, I went 0 for 2, but it was fun busting the box!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See robpbs's Items on eBay

1992-93 Pro Set. When I got back into the hobby in 2009 that was the first set I bought

SCF Rewards
    Country

First pack: 1985-86 Topps. I still have a creased Lemieux RC.

First box: My grandmother bought me a box of 1990-91 Upper Deck for my 11th bday. 36 times the excitement of opening packs. I pulled doubles of Belfour, Roenick, Modano, Mogilny, Cheveldae and Essensa (were top RCs back then). I felt like I had the best collection ever.

I go to these small card shows in CT and the dealers know I like hockey. Last year I was at a show and it was getting late and dealers were packing up. One dealer came up to me and gave me a box of 1991-92 OPC Premier and told me he was tired of seeing it. I almost forgot how much fun it was breaking boxes. It kept me busy the whole ride home.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

89/90 upper deck at the Detroit Autorama. I was only a kid but I knew that these were beautiful cards that made me ask more questions hockey,.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

98 omega. Still have a gretzky insert I pulled

SCF Rewards
    Country

It was in 2009 that I got ''back in to the hobby''. I collected as a kid but things are so different now loll so it was a new experience for me.

My friend and I went to the Gare Windsor for a card show when it was the All-Star weekend in Montreal. I bought a pack of 2007-08 Black Diamond just for the heck of it and pulled a Gretzky Ruby /100 BV80 or BV100 at that time. Since that day, i'm addicted to collecting cards.

I traded that Gretzky to my friend for what started my PC of Datsyuk (459 cards now). Got lots of Sakic, Zetterberg too because I wanted to start a PC of them too.

Great memory :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

First packs I remember opening were 1972-73 OPC bought at the local gas station/convenience store. Never forget opening them up, shoving the gum in my mouth and quickly looking for the gold and black colours of my favourite team the Bruins.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

looking for the gold and black colours of my favourite team the Bruins.

Wait, WHAT?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I am talking about 40 years ago. You know, when there was this kid in the league called Bobby Orr playing alongside Rick Middleton and Wayne Cashman. I didn't become a Habs fan until Orr left. Then I began idolizing the greatest team to ever be assembled, the Canadiens dynasty of the late 70's. Boston remains my second favourite team to this day.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast