Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

back in the mid 60's my dad used to stop every friday at the corner store in Hamilton Ontario, i still remember the WoodSide Inn Variety.used to get us a bag of candy - a grab bag for a nickel and then give us a quarter when he got home. we would go back on saturday and buy more candy. one saturday dad showed me and my kid brother some hockey cards they had at the Woodside. so instead of candy we each bought a pack. loved the cards and the gum. dont remember what we got in the packs but i do remember buying hockey cards with my quarter every saturday instead of candy. i also remmeber using a clothespin to stick a card to my spokes of my bike to make it sound cool. i had a couple cards of some kids face with a brushcut, a real boring card of the crappy boston bruins.couldnt get my brother to trade me anything for them (yes them) so i put em on the spokes. they should of made Orrs rookie card a little more exciting cause we pulled a half dozen or so that year and they all went on the bikes. nobody wanted them. wish i knew back then but i was only 10 years old.but i was hooked. got away from it for a while but the first box i broke was a 1990-91 opc premier and the first card i saw was a Fedorov rc. never heard of him. but soon i knew who he was.
    the old days were the best, the cards had no $$$ values, if the card was a cool picture it was a keeper.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I am talking about 40 years ago. You know, when there was this kid in the league called Bobby Orr playing alongside Rick Middleton and Wayne Cashman. I didn't become a Habs fan until Orr left. Then I began idolizing the greatest team to ever be assembled, the Canadiens dynasty of the late 70's. Boston remains my second favourite team to this day.

Blasphemy!

Tho I will admit to tiny little Orr and Esposito collections.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345