Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Which one do you like?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • FotoTime

6 60.00%
  • Photobucket

4 40.00%

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Which of these 'buckets' do you prefer?

I'm exploring a new online photo management system.If you decided to go through my 'bucket', which do you prefer to look through?

http://www.fototime.com/inv/9F74DA48BBC5D04

- I'm not sure, but I think you can use the search function to look through this bucket.

Or

http://s240.beta.photobucket.com/use...ckey%20Traders

Comments welcome. Especially if you have having technical issues with either.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habscards's Items on eBay

photobucket version

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

Go with Picasa!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

fototime looks nice
    how much uploads can you do, whats is the storage in MB

also how hard or easy was it to uplaod the cards to the site

lmk
    jim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

HATE THE BUCKET!! But I'm 8000+ cards in now, there's no going back :(

Fototime looked good from my 10 second visit to your link...............

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Thank you for the suggestions, but when I tried Picasa, it didn't allow me to use a hierarchical structure for photo organization. All my folders had to be in the main page and I have 46 folders. That would make navigation a nightmare

fototime looks nice
    how much uploads can you do, whats is the storage in MB

also how hard or easy was it to uplaod the cards to the site

I have 500 MB of storage. Right now I've uploaded 685 pictures and they take up 100 MB of space. Although that all really depends on what type of resolution you use, etc etc.

Just like photobucket you can use the web browser to specify images from your hard drive. You can also e-mail them or use a cell phone. I'm not familiar with other photobucket features, but on the fototime website I also see options for 'iphone, Eye-Fi and Gallery'. However, the way I'm using is something called "FotoAlbum".

Foto album is the fototime PC software for organizing images. So far I've used it to create the folder structure, organize my images and sync all images from my PC to the album in one sitting. I'm still exploring the features, but I picked fototime to try out because of the sync feature. My only complaint is that "Fotoalbum" is not intuitive to use. It defaults to sorting images by creation date, shows images in all subfolders when viewing the main folder and its manual is nearly 100 pages of text with very poor descriptions. However, after some searching and trial and error, I've found that I can sort by filename (which is my preference) and that I can filter images based on if I've already published them (so I work from my deepest nested sub folder outwards). My present concern is that when you download the software it comes 30 days free trial for their "pay version". The free version is supposed to be able to do everything I want, but since it won't let me bypass the free trial, I won't know until a month from now if I'll be forced to switch back to photobucket.

Cheers,
    reoddai

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I don't like the new photo bucket as it only shows the top half of the card until you click on it. When you have to go through somebody's bucket that has 15-30 pages, that is a complete waste of everyone's time.

There's no rhyme nor reason to the legend, side banner that controls things. If you are new to photo bucket, you'd never give one thought to clicking on that skinny little access legend to the left, you'd just assume that the person's Library was empty.

The nice thing about the new photo bucket is that the Re-Size editing works like a charm. I reduce everything to 280 and it nicely fits onto SCF pages without taking up all the thread space.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I really like the hierarchical nature of Fototime, makes me think about moving my bucket over there.
    Awesome discovery, thanks for sharing it!!!