Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

we won't stop technology, they will do this behind our backs if not in front of our face. I would like police to use them for car chases and such

SCF Rewards
    Country

250,000-500,000 civilian deaths in Vietnam, 2,500,000 civilian deaths in Korean war, and some say 1,500,000 children died in WW2 (no official count exists)

Shrew are you kidding me?

Are you really doing a comparison between those wars and this?

Let me ask you something......Are we at an official war against Pakistan and Yemen?......No.

What gives us the right to go into their countries and do this?

The U.S is nothing more than hypocritical bullies who cry foul all the time against countries such as Iran, North Korea, etc. but they are allowed to do whatever they please under the disguise of protecting their citizens.

Killing terrorists is a dirty business. Civilians die. What is the alternative to drone strikes? You want to lay blame, lay it at the feet of the terrorists hiding like cowards among civilian populations.

The alternative is to get out and stop violating international law.

Again....is Canada participating in these aggressions?

Is Europe doing something?

Why can't we protect our homeland right here?

Are we that incompetent?

In Alex case it's his inability of not being able to see the forrest for the trees. I don't know what he is going to do when he starts researching World War 2 and checks the civilian casualty statistics from US daytime bombing raids over Germany. He will become apoplectic.

You're comparing a world war to a NON-WAR in which the U.S does whatever they please, further more they have violated international law and several human rights.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

So you are unhappy with the US????

Let me ask you something......Are we at an official war against Pakistan and Yemen?......No.

The U.S is nothing more than hypocritical bullies who cry foul all the time against countries such as Iran, North Korea, etc. but they are allowed to do whatever they please under the disguise of protecting their citizens.

Are we that incompetent?

You're comparing a world war to a NON-WAR in which the U.S does whatever they please, further more they have violated international law and several human rights.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Are we that incompetent?

The reality of the situation Alex is that the world is changing. Drones happen to be the most effective way to be PRO-ACTIVE in defending yourself against terrorists. If countries like Pakistan and Yemen were co-operative there would be other alternatives. Did the US violate International law when they took down Bin Laden? Do I care? Do you care?

Canada and Europe do not have to engage in such activities because the US is there to do it (as I am told on a regular basis by other posters). If we had a military budget as large as that of the States and had drones of our own I would fully support using them in ways necessary to achieve the military goals of my country.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you are unhappy with the US????

History will look back on this time period very harshly for the U.S

Pretty much a country goes berserk over 3,000 deaths and starts to fight wars against anyone it deems "dangerous".....meanwhile the world watches as they torture people, violate countless laws, and do as they please.

Of course no one dares to actually stand up to this bully because they have so much power and they don't want to be the next country that is deemed "dangerous".

9/11 was one of the worst days in this country's history, but the bigger tragedy is the way the U.S has handled all of this mess in the decade that followed it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

How is it like land mines?

Land mines were overused and people are still dying from them today. Drones are going to be everywhere and they'll get smaller. Everyone will have these machines. Heck you can buy a drone now in the US for around $300.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

OK but you did not answer the question you just added more opinion.

Pretty much a country goes berserk over 3,000 deaths and starts to fight wars against anyone it deems "dangerous".....meanwhile the world watches as they torture people, violate countless laws, and do as they please.

Of course no one dares to actually stand up to this bully because they have so much power and they don't want to be the next country that is deemed "dangerous".

9/11 was one of the worst days in this country's history, but the bigger tragedy is the way the U.S has handled all of this mess in the decade that preceded it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

\ Did the US violate International law when they took down Bin Laden? Do I care? Do you care?

I would be lying if I said I did care they they violated International law while they did that.

But at the same time that was a strategic operation which was done very carefully and executed correctly.

If for example they used a drone to kill OBL and at the same time they kill a bunch of other innocent people, including kids, then I would've questioned the strategy.

Canada and Europe do not have to engage in such activities because the US is there to do it (as I am told on a regular basis by other posters). If we had a military budget as large as that of the States and had drones of our own I would fully support using them in ways necessary to achieve the military goals of my country.

And that's my problem.

Here we have a country that has so many problems at home (financially) but we also take it upon ourselves to be the "World Police".

I'm sorry to say this, but when it comes to the country I live, I want to be SELFISH and say that we SHOULD NOT have to protect anyone except our citizens here at home....not the world.

All the money that is absorbed into the military could be used to have better infrastructure, better education, better social programs, more help where it really matters....the people of the United States.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

9/11 was one of the worst days in this country's history, but the bigger tragedy is the way the U.S has handled all of this mess in the decade that followed it.

I really disagree with you on this one. Watch " The World without US." It has changed my mind on the US military involvement around the world. Unfortunately, US citizens can not count in the world to police itself. Do I like the drones, no. The US has to stay involved though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really disagree with you on this one. Watch " The World without US." It has changed my mind on the US military involvement around the world. Unfortunately, US citizens can not count in the world to police itself. Do I like the drones, no. The US has to stay involved though.

I guess what you're saying is that this is a case of a "necessary evil"?

If so, I understand it....but I still don't like it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast