Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mainecards42's Items on eBay

So I have been on SCF for about a year and the info I get here has been invaluable in helping me in the hobby - this is the only forum I belong to. I think there are great member here who help out and have answered stupid questions for me. Not sure why, but it just seems like a lot of people do not collect basketball . . . not sure why but I know even in local shops I have been to on travel seem to be all the same in that basketball does not do well.

I have done a couple of box breaks and those have been fun - though some of our breaks sucked. I was sorry to hear that Jay stepped down for personal reasons - he was a good guy and did a great job.

I do like some of the basketball discussions. I am more active on some other forums that focus on just KU basketball - though I know the mods can help get these discussions going it is ultimately up to us to members to help contribute as well. This is also our forum as well. This is something I need to do a better job on as well. Though I watch more college ball.

Things I don't like about his forum is that there are some on here that are trying to make a buck and this is just another market place for them to make money and really do not contribute other than that aspect. Mind you I do not mind people selling stuff, that is what part of this forum is about trading, buying and selling, but sometimes I feel like there are some pushy people. I don't think there is anyway to moderate or change this, it just is what it is.

Things I would like to see. Perhaps a contest to make the funniest card possible using odd base cards you have lying around. Talking about basketball . . . I know its hard because Bdoody can only do so much and the guy just cannot have conversations with himself. I think maybe a subforum for college basketball and another for NBA basketball. Not sure if that would be of interest to anyone . . .

Thanks for a week thought out reply. Many things you say are true...

I myself only have so much time and I have work myself so I can't dedicate as much time as time as I wish I could. I hope we can get the chat areas up and going. If we get these areas going I think more users will be drawn to the basketball area as a whole. I don't think creating a sub forum just for college basketball right now is really worth it because some times there is a lack of conversation about basketball in general.

Contests are something that need to become regularly used. I think a March madness one Magic_bobcat mentioned is a good idea.any idea on how you would start it?

People will always come on to SCF for different reasons. Some people are collectors, flippers, or somewhere in between. The hobby has become a business as much as anything. I myself flip in order to generate money for my PC.

lets just try to make this basketball edition as active as possible so we can bring in new members!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think if someone creates a group on ESPN or somewhere, then everyone creates their bracket using their SCF name?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think if someone creates a group on ESPN or somewhere, then everyone creates their bracket using their SCF name?

Pm sent in regards to the march madness bracket....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

Im 99% about the info I provided you. I'm not sure what criteria the cards must meet.

I'm like 99.9% sure that this definitely can't be the case after today. "Ebay" posted 14 MJ rc ebay links today in the buying/selling section. That's kinda ridiculous lol.
    Last edited by Italy61587; 03-21-2013 at 09:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm like 99.9% sure that this definitely can't be the case after today. "Ebay" posted 14 MJ rc ebay links today in the buying/selling section. That's kinda ridiculous lol.

Today there was a problem with the eBay links being posted so often. This isn't the norm and will be back under control shortly.

Ebay and SCF have a mutual relationship....many times the eBay threads have cards not everyone is interested in, but on two occasions these threads bought cards to my attention that I was looking for. Was actually helpful...
    My main question is how we can get the overall forum more active....
    Last edited by bdoody42; 03-22-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234