Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Weeden Already Done In Cleveland?

I was reading an article about the possibility of Mike Wallace landing in Cleveland and saw this at the end.

Should Wallace land in Cleveland, it's a good bet that he will not be catching passes from quarterback Brandon Weeden. Per La Canfora, the new Browns regime "badly wants to upgrade" on the 2012 first-round pick. New VP of player personnel Michael Lombardi allegedly called the Weeden selection a "panicked disaster" last offseason.
    I get that the new Browns regime will want to have their own guy at QB, but if they draft a QB in the first round this year that will make 3 first round picks and a 3rd round pick used on QBs in the last 5 years. Much like Colt McCoy, Weeden didn't light it up, but also like McCoy he didn't have much talent to throw to either.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Sounds like they are looking at flacco. Yikes. Flacco only had 500 more yards then weeden and a qb rating of 88 vs 73. Not sure that is worth 20 plus mill.......
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Doesn't relly matter who the QB is. If the best receivers they have is Greg Little and Josh Gordon then it is silly to expect too much. Flacco produced 500 more yards and 7 more TDs than Weeden with Boldin, Smith and Pitta to throw to. Even if the Browns add Mike Wallace, he is a speed guy, not a route runner.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

I hope Mike Wallace goes there...will make him really regret acting the fool in Pittsburgh...

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**

was weeden that bad? Yikes, thats all I am pulling lately! Well, thought I was pulling decent hits, but it looks like I have still have been pulling scrubs.
    Go Gators and Bears!
    I only collect Justin Blackmon and I guess I am getting in the SUPER collector range of Alshon Jeffery! Over 40 autos and rising!

Quote Originally Posted by WVcoltsfan View Post
    I hope Mike Wallace goes there...will make him really regret acting the fool in Pittsburgh...
    Would serve him right to sit home for a few years and watch the Steelers go to the playoffs. He should have learned something while he was in Pittsburgh seeing Antwan Randle El and Plaxico Burress both returning to the team after leaving for bigger money elsewhere. At this point I don't think there is a chance he returns. He already turned down a $50 million offer from the Steelers last year and they are not the types to keep coming back with bigger offers.

Quote Originally Posted by bearsfanincltnc View Post
    was weeden that bad? Yikes, thats all I am pulling lately! Well, thought I was pulling decent hits, but it looks like I have still have been pulling scrubs.
    I don't think he did that bad considering the lack of talent on the team. Little and Gordon are as good as it gets as far as receivers are concerned and Trent Richardson was hurt or bangd up for a big part of the season and didn't produce like expected, yet Weeden still managed decent numbers for a rookie QB.

The issue is that the Browns invested a 1st round pick in a QB that will be 30 years old before he has played 20 games. In fact, he turns 30 the day after his 16th game. How do you plan for the future when your QB of the future will be thinking retirement in 5 years?

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

weeden did well for his rookie year. the browns are stupid. they draft a new qb on average every 2 years over the last 12 years. WHY? after over a decade they keep doing the same things. develope the guy you have and build a freakin team around him instead of blowing every first round pick on another qb. get a good wr or 2. get another running back to compliment richardson. that will help them more than anything. im glad im not a browns fan.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Geez. Bravery is being a Browns fan. I think Weeden needs some time. I've seen some good things out of him and TR.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I think the Mets could use some pitching if Weeden is available.

talent or lack of talent aside, i think the guys age is huge concern. isn't he turning 30 soon? so you have to build a contending team and win it all within 5 years before he goes geriatric in football years? good luck.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast