Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyToMoss View Post
    talent or lack of talent aside, i think the guys age is huge concern. isn't he turning 30 soon? so you have to build a contending team and win it all within 5 years before he goes geriatric in football years? good luck.
    Turns 30 the day after the 6th game of next season. And I agree, from Day 1 I said it was a bad pick to draft a QB that is older than 75% of the QBs in the league. If he needs time to develop or learn the offense then by the time he is 100% ready to lead your team he is getting ready for retirement.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Turns 30 the day after the 6th game of next season. And I agree, from Day 1 I said it was a bad pick to draft a QB that is older than 75% of the QBs in the league. If he needs time to develop or learn the offense then by the time he is 100% ready to lead your team he is getting ready for retirement.

that is why the browns are the browns. i feel bad for their fan base. could be worse, could be a jets fan.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

No knock on Weeden but whoever calls the shot to draft a 28 or 29 year old qb in the first round regardless of who he is needs to be fired on the spot.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

veggie I think that pretty much happened when they let basically the entire coaching staff and front office go at the end of the season. Everybody from president Mike Holmgren to head coach Pat Shurmur to GM Tom Heckert were handed their walking papers.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

what I dont like about football. Unless you are a guy like Newton or RGIII you don't get many second chances as a QB in the league. You have to perform like Wilson or Kaepernick to get the job as a underdog. But then again we get players like Wilson and Kaepernick is because of the revolving door at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by indexed View Post
    what I dont like about football. Unless you are a guy like Newton or RGIII you don't get many second chances as a QB in the league. You have to perform like Wilson or Kaepernick to get the job as a underdog. But then again we get players like Wilson and Kaepernick is because of the revolving door at the position.
    Vick, Young, Fitzpatrick and I'm sure there are others. All got numerous second chances. You earn your second chances. Nothing is just handed to you in the NFL. I like it that you only have a finite amount of time to prove yourself. As a fan of a team, I'd want the team to make an assessment and move on. No appetite to wait 8 years for a guy to pan out. In Weeden's case, he doesn't even have 8 years due to his age entering the league. 8 years is used as an example only.

I thought that Weeden didn't have a terrible season, but it wasn't that good either. Got to love the teams that put the blame on the rookie QB and immediately want to look elsewhere. I hope Mike Wallace goes there so he realizes that he had 50 million reasons he could of stayed in Pittsburgh.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 11/12/14

I don't understand it. While I don't like Weeden (for multiple reasons), Chudzinski said he wants an over the top air attack. Wouldn't Weeden fit that label perfectly? Hell, all he did his rookie year was throw over his receivers heads in the WCO. What's the point in going out and finding ANOTHER new QB when there's so many other gaping holes on this team? Build the rest of the team, then go find a QB if Weeden turns out to not be the answer (extremely likely).
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos
    Johnson/Mears/Nadeau/Reutimann

Quote Originally Posted by Rybowski View Post
    I thought that Weeden didn't have a terrible season, but it wasn't that good either. Got to love the teams that put the blame on the rookie QB and immediately want to look elsewhere. I hope Mike Wallace goes there so he realizes that he had 50 million reasons he could of stayed in Pittsburgh.

I really don't blame the new regime for wanting their own guy

Quote Originally Posted by BradyToMoss View Post
    Vick, Young, Fitzpatrick and I'm sure there are others. All got numerous second chances. You earn your second chances. Nothing is just handed to you in the NFL. I like it that you only have a finite amount of time to prove yourself. As a fan of a team, I'd want the team to make an assessment and move on. No appetite to wait 8 years for a guy to pan out. In Weeden's case, he doesn't even have 8 years due to his age entering the league. 8 years is used as an example only.

Well Vick and YOung was exactly what I was talking about. Those two are viewed as "elite" quarterbacks, they get the chances. Fitzpatrick is an exception but had a really big contract because he performed. He won't get another chance though and will be replaced first shot they get. Young really didnt get a second chance, more like Rodgers, sitting behind Montana waiting for his chance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast