Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

We have sanity in hockey cards? The Nuge has scored a grand total of 18 career NHL goals, his Cup card/99 on Ebay, asking 10k!! Seems a little nutty to me! Even 1800.00 for Seguin, he is very good, but 60 goals some day? Maybe but doubtful, seems there is no where for the price to go but down. jmho
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am sure glad I don't just collect hockey. However, there has been some major boosts in hockey. Eg. Sidney Crosby ygs could of been had for like $100 a pop early on and then he peaked around $350. That is a pretty big boost I would say. Cory Schneider cup arp auto rcs were going for low before and now they go for over $100 easily. Another example of people paying crazy amounts in hockey is a James Reimer cup auto rc. That card could have been had for like under $40 bucks and then it jumped to like $200+. There are hockey cards that has major jumps based on hype. I guess using Crosby as an example is a bad example for unknown players. But in terms of price jumps, it is a good example.

And back to the Jeremy Lin explosion. Man I wish had higher bids on all his auto rcs. I was putting bids of $10 on all his auto rcs. Although I won quite a few, lots were ending around $15-$20. Wish I had it all.

Aaron Rodgers- Got to love football. His playoff contenders auto rcs were around $75-$100 and I was lucky to get a few. And after he won the super bowl, it was a $500 card easily. Also his exquisite auto rc patch could of been had for around 200-350, and now they go for over 1K easily. I am glad I stocked up. I felt sorry for the folks investing in Alex Smith, Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown. I got burned too getting a Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown ARP from exquisite.
    Last edited by Ray33; 02-12-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

SCF Rewards
    Country

in the last 4-5 years the closest i've seen has been Stamkos. His Cup RC's could be had for 500$-700$ for a time before his second season. His ICE rc /99 could be had for 300-400$. After/during that second season his Cup /99 started selling for 3k$ and up. While his ice was going for 1500$. Values havn't dropped that much since either.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am sure glad I don't just collect hockey. However, there has been some major boosts in hockey. Eg. Sidney Crosby ygs could of been had for like $100 a pop early on and then he peaked around $350. That is a pretty big boost I would say. Cory Schneider cup arp auto rcs were going for low before and now they go for over $100 easily. Another example of people paying crazy amounts in hockey is a James Reimer cup auto rc. That card could have been had for like under $40 bucks and then it jumped to like $200+. There are hockey cards that has major jumps based on hype. I guess using Crosby as an example is a bad example for unknown players. But in terms of price jumps, it is a good example.

And back to the Jeremy Lin explosion. Man I wish had higher bids on all his auto rcs. I was putting bids of $10 on all his auto rcs. Although I won quite a few, lots were ending around $15-$20. Wish I had it all.

Aaron Rodgers- Got to love football. His playoff contenders auto rcs were around $75-$100 and I was lucky to get a few. And after he won the super bowl, it was a $500 card easily. Also his exquisite auto rc patch could of been had for around 200-350, and now they go for over 1K easily. I am glad I stocked up. I felt sorry for the folks investing in Alex Smith, Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown. I got burned too getting a Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown ARP from exquisite.

This past season as I've gotten into football I grabbed a pretty good handful of Alex Smith cards. Not any major RC's or investment type cards but wow I'm kinda wishing I could have those $$$ back. Hopefully he ends up in a market that will be looking for some nice cards.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

We have sanity in hockey cards? The Nuge has scored a grand total of 18 career NHL goals, his Cup card/99 on Ebay, asking 10k!! Seems a little nutty to me! Even 1800.00 for Seguin, he is very good, but 60 goals some day? Maybe but doubtful, seems there is no where for the price to go but down. jmho

People paying 10K for anything RNH is just down-right stupidity. I'm not saying it's not happening, it's just dumber than dumb.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

It all comes down to the fan base. The other three big sports have a way bigger following than hockey does, therefor when someone starts to heat up there are enough people getting caught up in it to start a frenzy. By comparison there just aren't enough hockey collectors out there to really drive prices over the edge.

It's another reason why Gretzky autographs don't sell anywhere close to guys like Jordan even though they are both considered to be the greatest ever in their respective sports. If hockey had the following that basketball does worldwide you wouldn't be able to find a Gretzky autograph for any less than $400.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I vaguely remember when Vince Carter came on the scene in Canada, the Raptors, there was a pretty huge buzz, was bummed at the time I could not afford his rc....I don't follow the sport at all anymore but probably better off I didn't invest in VC...How does Gretzky's rc compare in price to Jordan?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yup I remember my friend pulling his sp authentic rc /3500 from a pack and then sold it for $300. He felt he was ripped off big time because after VC won the dunk contest it shot up to $750+. But in the end, he should be glad he got $300 for it because the card dropped big time. 98-99 was a big year for basketball in terms of base rcs being numbered. That goes for the same for hockey that year as well and the craze over milan hejduk sp rc.

I vaguely remember when Vince Carter came on the scene in Canada, the Raptors, there was a pretty huge buzz, was bummed at the time I could not afford his rc....I don't follow the sport at all anymore but probably better off I didn't invest in VC...How does Gretzky's rc compare in price to Jordan?

Last edited by Ray33; 02-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Your opinion is very correct. The reason so? It's full of common sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lets hope he goes to a major market for you.

This past season as I've gotten into football I grabbed a pretty good handful of Alex Smith cards. Not any major RC's or investment type cards but wow I'm kinda wishing I could have those $$$ back. Hopefully he ends up in a market that will be looking for some nice cards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast