Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question What is the first pack or box of football cards that you can remember opening?

What is the first pack or box of football cards that you can remember opening? For some this might be harder than others to answer so that's why I ask what one you have the first memory of opening.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2003 Gridiron Kings: Was chasing Kyle Boller hit a Jimmy Kennedy Auto and Joey Harrington GU. But hey that Byron Leftwich RC was a great hit....at the moment.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (34)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    1992 UD Football
    Always looking for new Dodger Items!

Hidden Content Hidden Content

1996 certified

1991 Series II ProSet, probably in 1993-94 or so.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (89)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Pack: 1991 Upper Deck
    Box: 1992 Fleer Ultra

First single I bought that got my heart pumping because I was re-born into the hobby (even though I spent only $1):
    1991 TSC Randall Cunningham in 1992 @ Gloria Rothstein card show (spring)
    I say reborn because I opened up packs of baseball cards back in 1977 and thought nothing more of them. These were the days when "flip" had an entirely different meaning. I never thought of even spending money on buying a card from a "pack that had already been opened". It had a sacreligious aura about it. This thought/feeling/philosophy carried with me until that very moment in 1992.

First single that made me sweat when I bought it because I thought I was crazy nuts for giving up this amount of cash for a piece of cardboard:
    1990 Score Supp. Emmitt Smith ($20) in 1992 @ Gloria Rothstein card show (fall)

I still have both cards.

1991 Topps football... Back in the day I was a die hard baseball fan, and I would never purchase football cards unless the store was sold out of baseball cards. Now, I am the complete opposite.

-Robert Lewis

1993 collector's choice baseball! Loved the animation and stickers they used to do when I was young.
    I collect Eagles and Phillies players and Topps Chrome

Hidden Content

Pack - One of those random packs where the cards are presorted junk base of no-names.
    Box - 2000 Topps Gold Label - LOL this product was awesome at the time! Broke pry 6 or 7 boxes and got a trung candidate auto and sylvester morris auto...

1991 Topps Baseball
    The Cards that have a big red NFT bar next to them in my album are NOT FOR TRADE!
    For Trade Album - Hidden Content
    Collecting Jarius Wright & Vikings (Vikes Uni) Auto's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast