Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Topps creates the largest card ever at 90 feet by 60 feet

http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/02/...baseball-card/

Topps unveiled the world’s largest baseball card Tuesday morning in Lakeland, Fla., a 90-by-60 foot version of Fielder’s card in the 2013 set.

The unveiling took place with Fielder on hand along with groups of youth league baseball players to help unveil the card at Peterson Park near the Tigers’ spring training home.

Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

OPG Baseball Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Try & find a toploader for that!
    SuperCollecting 3 generations of Yastrzemski's!
    Hidden Content
    Carl: 556/3390 not including 1/1's (16.4%), Mike: 8/8 (100%), Michael: 10/19 (52.6%)
    Always looking for any memorabilia that I don't have to add to my PC!
    WANTLIST--->Hidden Content

Instead of making 90 foot cards maybe the time could be better spent mailing out some redemptions,Topps continues to amaze me.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

They could put a whole Fielder jersey in it for a jumbo relic.
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Greetings:
    Yazfan71 imagine if Yaz had one I know you be wanting that card for sure *lol*
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Wow what a card
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

OPG Baseball Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    Instead of making 90 foot cards maybe the time could be better spent mailing out some redemptions,Topps continues to amaze me.
    Agreed...their priorities are definitely out of order!

Quote Originally Posted by BSEBALLCOMMISH75 View Post
    Greetings:
    Yazfan71 imagine if Yaz had one I know you be wanting that card for sure *lol*
    Serious??? The shipping charges alone would break me! That would be another 1/1 that I would have to pass on!
    SuperCollecting 3 generations of Yastrzemski's!
    Hidden Content
    Carl: 556/3390 not including 1/1's (16.4%), Mike: 8/8 (100%), Michael: 10/19 (52.6%)
    Always looking for any memorabilia that I don't have to add to my PC!
    WANTLIST--->Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by spuds1961 View Post
    They got press out of the stunt but yes you are correct on the whole that they do stupid things like this with money instead of doing something beneficial. I wonder how much this move cost them?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Only a matter of time before the counterfeits in this size show up. :D

I've only ever got one redemption card out of the 1,000s of packs I've opened in my life. It was a 1996 Collectors Choice 'you crash the game' Mike Piazza. The stipulations were Piazza had to hit a homerun on one of the dates given on the back of the card. If he did u sent the card in with required S & H and got a special redemption card of Piazza. The dates given were a 4 game series in Colorado. He went homerless in the 1st 3 games and then hit two homers in the final game. I was stoked and sent the card in the mail a week later with a check with the correct S & H.

I never got the card

I know this is kinda of the subject, but all this talk about redemptions got me reminiscing...
    "I felt I had to prove...that the Yankees are just a team of ballplayers, not a pride of supermen." - Sandy Koufax; after striking out a series record 15 batters in game 1 of the '63 World Series

Lookin 4 vintage Dodgers/Rams, Kemp and Kershaw RCs, Lakers 80s-present

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast