Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^^

Ted Williams would have to be the one, if I could only pick one (best all-around player), but the true fan in me says without hesitation Harmon Clayton Killebrew, in my opinion (not everyone else's) he is the best to not win a World Series.

One could also throw Ernie Banks into this discussion.
    Collecting 1974 Topps (84% complete) and 1957-2013 Topps Phillies cards (50.2% complete).
    PC's: Chase Utley, Mark Trumbo, & David Price.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content
    My Haves/Wants Lists (still a work in progress): Hidden Content
    As of 3/16/13, no PWE's please. I use DC; so should you.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballboy2 View Post
    Ted Williams, Ty Cobb, and Griffey Jr. are definitely the three best. Ichiro will most likely go the rest of his career without winning one, so you can lump him in there too.
    You know I honestly didn't know Ty Cobb didn't win one. I had to check and he was the loser in the World Series a couple of times. I thought he would have been successful at least one time.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jrdalton24 View Post
    Agreed with those 3 above. Did Hank Aaron ever win one? How bout Cal?
    Ripken won the World Series in 1983, his second full season. Hank Aaron and the Milwaukee Braves won Milwaukee's only World Series in 1957, his fourth season. Both Ripken and Aaron won MVPs in those seasons.

I'd add Robin Yount to the list. One of four players ever to win the MVP at two different positions.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ProspectorDave View Post
    One could also throw Ernie Banks into this discussion.
    Banks is the one I feel for the most. Williams made it to the World Series, Cobb made it to a few as I remember. Yount made it to one as well.

Banks never made the Series. He never even made the playoffs as I recall. They finally had their chance in '69 but limped to the finish and lost to the Mets.
    "The Mets have shown me more ways to lose than I even know existed" -Casey Stengel
    Let's go: Mets/Giants/Knicks/Rangers/Wild/Chelsea/Rutgers
    Autographs of Larry Walker, Yadier Molina, Jason Simontacchi, and So Taguchi Wanted!
    Hidden Content

I thought of Ernie right off the bat myself, but he'd already been selected.

So, you could add Billy Williams to that list (The A's won it all in '74. He became an A in 1975. Just missed it)
    Ron Santo is another.
    Like Williams, Fergie Jenkins just had bad timing. The Red Sox made it to the Series in 1975. He joined 'em in 1976.
    How about Ryne Sandberg? One of the best second basemen of all-time.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by metsmagic18 View Post
    Banks never made the Series. He never even made the playoffs as I recall. They finally had their chance in '69 but limped to the finish and lost to the Mets.
    Nope Ernie Banks never made the post season. In fact he owns the record for most games played without making a playoff appearance at 2528 games.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12