Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1973 Topps baseball. I was 8, and distinctively remember pulling a Johnny Bench card. Sadly, those cards were lost many, many years ago.
    Collecting 1974 Topps (84% complete) and 1957-2013 Topps Phillies cards (50.2% complete).
    PC's: Chase Utley, Mark Trumbo, & David Price.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content
    My Haves/Wants Lists (still a work in progress): Hidden Content
    As of 3/16/13, no PWE's please. I use DC; so should you.

1973 Topps. The following year I recalling buying one of those cardboard "lockers" from Topps and actually sorting the cards out team-by-team in each of the slots.

Yes! I had one of the 'lockers', too!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarais View Post
    1973 Topps. The following year I recalling buying one of those cardboard "lockers" from Topps and actually sorting the cards out team-by-team in each of the slots.
    Collecting 1974 Topps (84% complete) and 1957-2013 Topps Phillies cards (50.2% complete).
    PC's: Chase Utley, Mark Trumbo, & David Price.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content
    My Haves/Wants Lists (still a work in progress): Hidden Content
    As of 3/16/13, no PWE's please. I use DC; so should you.

I have one of those lockers, but it is made of vinyl (probably over cardboard) and it was full of cards from the late 70's early 80's when I got it. I am about 30 cards short fo a complete set of 83 Topps Baseball from it. I have absolutely no idea where it and the cards in it came from. I can't remember who gave that to me...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

My first pack (and I don't even know why I bought it because I didn't by another pack for 4 years) was apparently a 1983 Topps cello pack. I'd been thinking it was a rack pack for years, but now that I count the actual players I remember, it doesn't come close to the 51 cards in a 1983 rack pack.

I still have almost all of the cards. I got a Jim Rice, Charlie Lea, Harvey Kuenn, Lenn Sakata, Richard Dotson, Dave Goltz, Mark Wagner, Benny Ayala, Joe Rudi, Rick Manning, a checklist, Jay Johnstone, Kiko Garcia, Jerry White, Joe Niekro, Chris Bando, Dave Stapleton, Ned Yost, Rene Lachemann, Atlee Hammaker, Gary Carter, Clyde King, Porfirio Altamirano, Gene Tenace, Dickie Thon, Andre Thornton, Ron Hassey, and at least one card I can't remember.

1988 Topps. My dad would buy me 3-5 packs a day and I thought that was the best gift EVER. HA!! I had 2 10,000 count boxes full of junk that i threw away. Only good card I kept was a Topps Chipper Jones Rc. Now I'm back in the hobby and am back to loving the collecting aspect and trading with fellow traders. It makes me feel young again. THANKS GUYS!!!!
    Only looking for HOF g/u at the moment that I need for my project. I'll trade by Bv or Sv. It really doesn't matter to me as long as I'm happy with what I'm getting.PLEASE PM ME B/C IT WORKS BEST FOR YOU AND ME!!!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

86 Topps. my mom bought the box at the grocery store, for me and my brother to split. I remember my brother making fun and taunting me cause he got the side with the Pete Rose cards

1987 Topps. I was so excited to get Bo Jackson, Wally Joyner, Jose Canseco and Danny Tartabull.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

1990 pacific football, I got 2 for a .25

my favorite packs to open as a kid was the 1991 wild card. I just loved going after the stripes.

1988 Topps here myself. Everytime my Grandpa went to the convienient store he would pick up about 5! Seemed like they kept them in stock just for him being that the packs never changed....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast